Motivation needed please

newme

I've bought the packs but can't seem to find the courage to start. I lost three stone three years ago on the Cambridge diet but have put it all back on again. I know I have to do something right now but the thought of starting again is so daunting and I'm ashamed that I'm back at square one again. How long will it take me to lose three stone again I can't face going back to a councillor so I have decided to do this alone. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi
I am the same as you I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago but put it all back on and more.

I had had enough and decided to try again. I am on my 3rd week on Exante and so far have lost 1stone 2 pounds which I am really pleased with.

I have found it easier this time, I am in control, I really did not like going to the meetings and this forum is excellent.

Go for it!!!

Hello and welcome cawells.
Don't consider yourself alone, we are a really friendly bunch of people on here, and you'll find support pretty much 24/7, which is so helpful!
Don't worry either, as you're not the only person doing a vlcd more than once. I lost 5 stone on LL a few years ago, and put most of it back on again, so am here to lose it all. You don't mention your current weight, or bmi; but assuming you have some weight to lose and have a bmi over 25, you can expect to lose at least a stone a month if you follow TS, a little less if you're planning the WS route.

This thread has a lot of useful stuff in it as you get started.

All I can say is just do it really, a day at a time, and you will get to your goals :)

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the reply I keep trying to think that no-one has noticed I've put the weight back on but I can't really fit into many of my clothes now so it's time for action again ! I think I will really need support from this site and to know others are going through the same thing.

You will lose 3 stone in 3 months should you decide to follow the TS route. Depending on how successful your first week is you may even accomplish your goal in a slightly shorter amount of time! We are here when you need us! There's nothing to fear and the only way left to go is onwards and downwards. Please don't be afraid of messing up as I'm sure most of us have done it a number or times! When you do have a blip, feel free to seek support here. We don't bite, promise! x

Hi cybill

I've got the same three stone to lose again. BMI around 30. Feeling better already and looking forward to starting again. I think I stupidly thought that once I lost the weight I could go back to eating what I wanted . Big mistake that I won't be making again. Hoping to go 100% all the way as I know that once the first few days are over things get so much easier.

Rebirth_Lozza
I'm feeling so motivated already. This site is just what I need. Thank you and look forward to joining you all on this journey.

You'll find there are a few of us on here that are also working through the Beck Diet Solution book, to help us retrain our brains about handling food too. It may be worth a look, to find ways to rethink about food when you go back to it at the end.
Good luck getting started :)

LeeHayes

I vaguely remember that and it felt so good I wish I could get it back again. This time I will !!

I am also losing over half of what I lost in 2006 on Cambridge :( and we are by no means the only ones. This time you know exactly what to expect and may find yourself getting back into the routine easier - that's what I'm finding anyway. You've done it before - you can do it again!! Go, go, go, go.....!! xx

Cawells, get yourself on the exante total solution, it's fantastic! Once you get through the first week, you'll be laughing. Take each day at a time, drink plenty of water and take a tablet if you get a headache. Come on, you can do it! I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself every morning. It's so great to see the scales going down each morning. I can't wait to get up in the morning to see what I'm on course to lose!

hiya

i did ll, a few years ago. have to say that i felt excited to start but also trepidatious, day 5 and its been up and down, but the support has been fantastic, every day gets a little easier.

you can do this

shona xx

I reckon that doing TS will give you some time and space to think about what happens after you get to goal. I would get on TS, give it a month to get results and then start thinking ahead to how you're going to maintain it. For me, I think forward planning will be everything.

:)

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and support.End of day two and feeling I can really do this !! It feels good to know I'm not going through this alone. X

Hiya

Well Done you for getting started!!

Look. I lost four stone three years ago and now I have five to lose!! (having put it all back on and another stone or two for company - wouldn't want the new baby fat cells to feel lonely now would we). Anyhoo. Here I am. I don't feel ashamed. I don't feel bad about it. It is what it is.

Forgive the sins of the past. They are in the past. Look to the future. You can only control today. Now. What you are consuming now. So control that and let the weightloss happen.

You should be proud of yourself for changing direction and facing into the wind. Stay strong.

Bellerine

Back