Motivation - what is yours?

Oh Barb, that holiday is going to be wonderful.
When I was trying to get my hand luggage in my suitcase (because of the terrorist alert a few weeks ago), I kept weghing it as 20k was the maximum. It really brought it home to me just how much weight I had been carrying around. No wonder I had trouble walking.
Make sure you take lots of pictures in Las Vegas - and from the helicopter, to share with us.
Ann xxx
that's a really good point Ann.
I considered this recently when i realised i'd lost the weight of my daughter!!! she jumped on the scales after me recently and weighs 3 stone 11lb. She's 7 years old.
When i realised i'd been carrying her weight around every day.. every minute.. that was really shocking!

Thanks for the words of support,girlies. Much appreciated.

At the moment-and it will be a very brief moment!-I weigh 19.13.
I will ring round a couple of horse-riding centres-there are 2 within 5 miles of me-and will ask what there weight limit is for the poor horses!!

Going to set myself a goal to be on a horse within 6 months-not physically fit enough at the moment but, will be a good 5 stones lighter by March next year. Tally ho !

Jax

Jax - just a thought but if you feel you are going to get down by the rejections - and you will get rejections - then why not get someone else to ring round on your behalf whilst you're not within earshot ;)

My motivation is to be around to see my son grow up, to be healthy, to give my poor back a break and look and feel better. To be able to go to the Doctor and be listened to without him immediately saying, it’s because of your weight and to not be classed as morbidly obese. :(

I want to be able to do all the things I’ve been putting off and live life to the full. I want to be able to walk into a shop and know that I can pick something off the rail and it will fit. I want to be able to walk my son to school and back and attend his school productions without fear that the seats are going to collapse under my weight. I don’t want him to feel embarrassed about having a fat mum, but to be proud of me and to be proud of myself. :cool:

The things I look forward to are going out and enjoying myself, going shopping for smaller clothes, running around the park with my son without fear of having an asthma or heart attack. Enjoying a meal in a restaurant without feeling that I’m being stared at because people think I’m a pig. Going swimming at peak times, going horse riding for the first time, going on a long plane journey and rollerblading.

My weight has held me back for so long and kept me a prisoner rather than protecting me. I’ve tried to eat my way through my problems not realising the damage I’ve been doing and I’m finally ready to face my fears and deal with it, for the sake of my health, my child and my future happiness. :)

Back