Motivation

Crunchy

How do you get motivated? I was all fired up a month ago. A new diet to try, at last hope I can lose weight without hunger, but I keep going over my syns and I am consequently maintaining. I just feel like I will be fat forever. I get hungry in the evening so have chocolate or a biscuit. It's been a month and I have lost 2lbs. I don't even know if I will stay to group this week as I am so ashamed. Ashamed of my over eating ashamed I can't seem to reign it in and stick to plan, ashamed of looking 9 months pregnant- just full of shame *hangs head* so how do I look up and get motivated. I need to shift this weight, my joints hurt :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't feel ashamed we've all been there, some weeks or months are harder than other and we just need a kick up the backside.
When do you use your syns?? I manage to keep mine until 9pm and then I teat myself to a chocolate bar each day, but if I allow myself syns during the day I still feel like I want a chocolate bar at night.
You've LOST 2lbs this month :) which means your head is not completely out of the game. Don't be so hard on yourself because your putting yourself down and stopping yourself from losing weight :)
Just draw a line underneath everything and start afresh and you must stay for IT so you can get the support you need

Anwen is right - don't beat yourself up, you've lost weight, so you know the plan works

Stay to class, stay to the talk, you're not the first to have a bit of a struggle, and you certainly won't be the last!

Re- read your books - cover to cover, and remind yourself why you joined in the 1st place.
Start again from scratch, as if it's your 1st week.
I know how easy it is to go over your syns - we all do it sometimes.
If you tend to use your syns at night, work at a syn free day, plan your syns for the evening, and choose your favourites - look forward to them, and above all enjoy them!

Hang in there, you'll be pleased you have persevered, it'll be worth it - honest

Write yourself a weekly menu, work out your syns in advance & STICK TO IT!
I still write one every week and a food diary based on that weeks meals,it's good to go back through them to see what worked and what didn't.
Get your chocolate, biscuits and make small packs of say 3 syns and have one or two only per day but allow for them in your planning. IT WORKS!
I know it's hard but if you want to loose weight, you have to follow the plan.
Good luck
Pete

what are you using your syns for? maybe we can help to give you alternatives to make them go further.

As for motivation, you've got it right there, you don't want to feel like this anymore,

How about looking at some of the before/after pics? sometimes we've been overweight for so long that we can't imagine being any other way and there is sometimes a subconscious fear of changing things makes us sabotage ourselves

good luck hun and remember to keep coming back here for help and motivation xx

Write a list of reasons to lose weight. Then a list of reasons NOT to lose weight.

You can do it - you just need to remind yourself why you joined SW in the first place.

Also - did u measure yourself? You might have lost inches not pounds xxx

Exercise has made all the difference for me - nothing major to start, just taking my daughter out for a 30 minute walk, and I've gradually built it up and now I do half an hour a day on the exercise bike (£40 second hand, so worth it!) when I get up and then anything else I do in the day is a bonus. It sounds silly but it means I start my day with a bit of hard work and then feel like I don't want to ruin it throughout the day so it keeps me on plan a bit more.

Liz
xx

Back