Motivation

ununpentium

Sherlock Holmes
How do you find the motivation to lose weight? I know I need to lose weight logically, my BMI is in the obese range and I don't want to get health problems. But this doesn't seem to motivate me, I only go for a few days sticking to my points then I snap and binge and put weight on. I've not really lost anything yet at WW, in fact I've just put weight on again.

I'm getting sick of it. If only it were like quitting smoking but it's not. I never have to look at cigarettes again but I have to eat everyday and food shop once a week. It's doing my head in!

I need all the help I can get. Please help!

Don't forget to breathe!

Do YOU want to lose weight?

If so why?

If the answer to the first question is YES! then we can help you and support you all we can. The why? can provide the motivation. Have you posted a food diary so we can get some ideas of what you are doing?

Do I ask too many questions?

I'm looking for motivation as well so asking myself similar questions.

By the way if you don't want to lose weight don't force yourself cos someone else says something. Do it for YOU if you do it at all.

Just my tupenceworth.

I desperately want to lose weight. I also really really love food! I'm an all or nothing kind of person. If I feel I've eaten something "bad" then that's often when a binge will start. I comfort eat also.

I have a food diary in the main food diary section of the site. I tend to use my remaining points on WW chocolate which I think I should cut back on and have fruit instead.

I do manage to exercise though which is a positive.

I need to explore this site more and see where your diary is....

I'm always on the lookout for motivation/inspiration

I can't just have one bite of any of my trigger foods - so I'm trying to avoid them, one day at a time.....

I try not to overeat the fruit but its easier said than done.....

By the way how many points do you have and do you spend them every day? Do you use your weekly points and/or activity points?

I do ask too many questions!

AS they say.... one bite at a time.

Judith

I set myself targets, and then when I hit them I rewarded myself. The BIG target was a holiday...and I go on that reward in July ! Do you weigh at home or at meetings ? Weighing at a meeting once a week was also a big incentive for me to keep on plan...I do agree with Judith though, it is for you to decide that you want to lose weight, and then put all mechanisms in place to allow you to succeed.

I'm allowed 34 points a day and the 49 weeklies. I tend to earn exercise points every day too. I didn't used to eat them all because one time I did I put on weight so I was wary about it!

I get weighed on Mondays in meetings but I get tempted to weigh myself at home quite a bit. I missed the meeting this week because I was ashamed at gaining weight.

Ahh motivation.. wish I knew the answer to that. My motivation this time round was how my son's life is becoming affected by my overweight, but not everyone (thankfully, I say) has that issue.

COuld you maybe agree to yourself that whether you feel motivated or not, you will force yourself to do a week spot on tracking and exercise, with appropriate reward? It's just a week, and maybe the results could drive you on for another?

We all have bad weeks, that's life. Nothing to be ashamed of in that....the important thing is to get yourself into the meeting and face the music, they are there to help...not judge :)

I think others have given good advice already. Motivation is different for everyone.
For me, its that I don't want to be a fat Mum and a bad role model for my kids.
Also, I am sick of having a wardrobe full of clothes in smaller sizes and nothing that fits properly now.

Are you doing ww at home or at a meeting?
I find standing on the scales in front of someone a great motivator.

And lastly, I do give myself a little treat every day - a timeout finger, a bag of skips ( I'm hoping that I'll cut it out over the coming months but its working for now.)

Back