Motivational 'Fat Book' :-)

LeaV

Hi guys :)
Hows everyone doing?
I thought id let you all know what Im doing to keep me motivated....
when i was last on CD somebody suggested making a book and filling it with all things weight loss as an extra motivation.
So far its keeping me busy and im inspiring myself to keep on :)

On the first pg ive got my starting weight in massive writing.
Ive then got

1) a page full of words describing how i feel now.....miserable..ashamed etc
2)a list of why i want to lose weight
3)current measurements
4)list of mini goals and what my treats will be when i reach them
5)photos of when i feel i looked my worst
6)photos of when i feel i looked my best
7)weight chart

I know it sounds dead anal, but I like to write everything down and see my progress. just thought it may be an idea for u all if u feel a bit down or de-motivated.

Anyone got any more suggestions of what could go in there?
Im hoping this will be a really good thing to look back on when im at goal....so i dont go back to bad habits... :) xx

That sounds like a fab idea
I might even do it myself

Mayb you could print out photos of items that are equivalent to your weight loss

Search for example the weight of a box of washing powder and you could cut it out and paste it in your book

Good luck with it xx

oooh excellent idea!!
Im also going to cut out pics of gorgeous dresses from my catalogue that i want to buy when im slimmer :) ooooh im in the zone!! xx

I love this idea! The only thing is I would
Be paranoid of my hubby finding it n seeing how much I weighed!! Lol

Mabye I will hold of puttin my weight in for a while lol xx

lol, im the same....i keep telling my fella i weigh 9 stone.....lol
i really dont think he gets how paranoid i am about my weight. when he doesnt get it, and tries to make me eat, i think i'll show him the book....show him the words ive used to describe how i feel....and maybe he will understand then how important this is to me...:)

What a good idea I have been carrying photos of me at my thinnest as a motivational tool.

How you feel when you get a good weight loss - describe it. Weekly weigh in figures, a graph of your weight loss. Loss comparisons - ie lost 2 lbs thats 4 packets of butter (or sack of potatoes etc - it really helps to visualise it!) And on the negative side how terrible you feel when you go off plan - so that you can remind yourself how you don't want to feel. What you will do when you get to goal (not in terms of the day itself but things like enjoy sports/playing with the kids etc.)

aw fab ideas thank you
and what an AMAZING weight loss setas!! a true inspiration!! proof that it can be done in a BIG way!! im gonna add those things into my book!!! :) xxx

ooh love it!
thanks everyone :) xxxx

LeaV said:
lol, im the same....i keep telling my fella i weigh 9 stone.....lol
i really dont think he gets how paranoid i am about my weight. when he doesnt get it, and tries to make me eat, i think i'll show him the book....show him the words ive used to describe how i feel....and maybe he will understand then how important this is to me...:)

Yes me too, he has no idea what I weigh! I think he would be really shocked!! I'm going to start mine at the weekend :)

I am using my diary on here and my weightloss thread for the same purpose. It's not aa good aa your as its less visual, however I also do not want OH to are my weight written down anywhere! He would be shocked!
(my Cambridge weight card never leaves my handbag for this reason!)

However I do have a plan! When I get to goal, I am going to create a photobook (a nice hardback one from photobox). I am going to fill it with my hideous obese pictures, and some pictures at goal. I am then going to transfer all my minimins diary posts into the book (which include some Beck logs too) and my weightloss record.

The cover is going to be me stood in one leg of my biggest trousers! I LOVE those pictures! Hehe! A girl has to dream!

I will then keep it as a reminder of my journey. As I never plan to get into this state again.

i love that idea :) i dont usually let ppl take pics of me when im feeling crap but i think i will take loads just so i can see what i never wanna be again :)
xx

What a really good idea. Not read all the replies yet so if this one has been mentioned then sorry, but how about photos of ur massive/dowdy clothes u don't like and u cld even cut them up so uv no excuse to wear them and stick a bit of the material in next to the photo or a photo of u wearing it. U cld also sell old clothes etc on eBay ans stick a copy of the listing in ur book. And catalogue pics of clothes ud like to wear, holidays ud like to go on, activities ud like to do once ur slim. Xxx

cooool :) my book is gonna be fab!! and will be a best seller when im a hot, skinny superstar.....lol xx thanks for the ideas!!! xx

Back