Motivational Help needed

chris_s

Less of a man each day
Hello all

I've lost 30lbs and am over half way to target. Problem is i'm really struggling atm.

I'm eating only one or two meals a day and just can't be bothered in the kitchen. :break_diet:

Anyone else found themselves at this point?

Any tips or hints, be they 5 min meals with no effort or motivationally inspiring things.

I was in the same position from August till Nov but i was on WW. I just hit the half way mark and lost the plot. I tried but i couldnt stick to it and i decided i needed a break and a change.

Im loving being back to basics with the diet and loving eating till im full with pasta etc You can do it, just stick to it and try your best!! You've done brilliantly so far!!!

hi chris s,
i feel the same all other the time, especialy when the rest of the family want junk food. and all the work i have to do for uni how about pasta'n'sauce with added frozen veg (just had this) it was lovely and no hassle to make xx

hi chris :)

ive been in that position ... i made a list of all the meals that i like and i had a day in the kitchen where i made everything to last me for over a week and i made them and froze them. it meant that i was able to jus lift it out and throw it in the microwave when i couldnt be bothered in the kitchen

well done on the weight you have lost so far :)

i love to keep handy pineapple and kiwi for a super speed boost and a sweet fix too :)

good luck

xx

Mix things up and try new things! Im trying fish this week! Had smoked cod last night, only took 10 minutes to grill and it was delicous! I had it with sharwood noodles and carrots and broccoli (frozen) meaning the entire meal took 10 minutes! Serve with soy sauce! Yum yum!

Well done on how far you've come! Dont get disheartened as youre doing so well!!!! :D

Last night I had passata with tuna and mushrooms on wholemeal pasta - then sprinkled a little cheese on top - This took me no time at all and it was delicious

how about batch cooking Chris?

A big bolognaise to keep you going a couple of days and then whilst you are cooking that - put some veg in a slow cooker with stock and get a soup on the go!

I think if you plan some yummy foods you like - you will be better!!! xxx

I would definatly reccomend you either make yourself a meal planner for the week or do a huge batch cooking session & freeze in portion sizes that you can just lift out of the freezer the night before :)

You have done brillient - your SW Mojo will return i'm sure :)

Thanks for the support. Fell off the wagon today. WI tmmrw. Whoops. Normally i'd feel bad, but just not bothered by it at the moment.

Maybe time to take a break from SW for a while. I don't want to undo the work i've done but my heart just isn't in it anymore.

Sometimes you just need time off a diet plan. If your mind and heart aren't in it you won't suceed. Take a few weeks off then come back but we'll still be here to encourage whatever you do!

sorry to hear you have misplaced your mojo, and i have been going through it myself recently. I have been bored of food and cant be bothered cooking either.
I did a few things, but cant really say what worked in particular.
I kept going to group because if i stopped i probably wouldnt go back.
I had a couple of weeks off plan, I came back to this site for inspiration ( havent been here for a while) and got some good ideas for recipies.
I pampered myself with a long soak in the bath with bubbles, hair and face mask and gave myself a good stern talking to.
I thought about where i was and how i felt, where i am and how i feel, and where i would like to be and how that will feel.
Give youself a break, you have done fantasticly well 30lb must have made such a difference to you. And you will find your mojo again:grouphugg:

I concur with batch cooking.

Next time you make a meal, use the whole onion/vegetable/packet of whatever you are cooking and make enough to put into containers and freeze.

If you can get a few of these meals, soon they become the convenience rather than chips/takeaway/pizza etc because they are in the freezer and take 8mins to microwave with no thought gone into them, and that is quicker than heating up the oven.

Hi Chris...

I hear ya, I've lost 31lb and the last couple of weeks, I really just couldn't be ar$ed. It's really difficult, as I have got to the stage where I have started to like what I see in the mirror, and when you're there, it's easy to stop pushing on that little bit further.

I just had to remind myself of the key reason I'm doing this, which is essentially my health. I just looked again into the benefits of being healthy, and what could happen if I don't look after myself, and that really gave me the kick I needed.

Why don't you try doing the same? For example, if you wanted to lose weight to look better, look back at some old pics and you'll see why you started doing this, and it'll hopefully give you the kick you need to keep going.

xx

Back