MOULD IN EXANTE PANCAKES?

Ketoveggie

I contacted Exante last Friday via live chat and explained to them that in two separate packets of Lemon Pancakes I have found what looks like tiny specks of green mould, once cooked. I gave the batch number and sent a photo.
I was told that they would look into this and get back to me. I then received this message, the same day:
"Hello,
As this has now been resolved I will close this message down.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

To be fair to Exante I'm hoping this was just an automated response and that I shall hear back from them this week, although I also requested the transcript of the conversation to be sent to my email, which never arrived.

I'm not sure what to do for the best. It's turning my stomach to think that their products are not up to standard. I feel I've had no reassurance from Exante.
I have quite a lot of packets left but I'm hesitant to use them now. So apart from anything else, this is messing up my diet.

Please, if you are using the pancakes, just have a really good look at them once they are cooked to see if you can see little green specks.
Surly I can't be the only one who has noticed this. If you find some, do get in touch with Exante. We need to know what it is and get some reassurance from them.
I'm hoping that it's just pigment in the ingredients or something like that, it was stop me feeling as though I've been eating something rancid.

Hi. Did you ever get a reply from them. I’ve also noticed green flecks in the pancake mix and also the porridge. It seems quite bright green though and always a similar size! Really hope it’s not mould!!

I used to buy sachets from avid lite - if you are looking for an alternative.

Hi. Did you ever get a reply from them. I’ve also noticed green flecks in the pancake mix and also the porridge. It seems quite bright green though and always a similar size! Really hope it’s not mould!!

Hey, :)
Sorry for the late reply, I've not been on here in a while.

Yes, they did eventually reply to me. That was to say they were refunding me for the pancakes (actually it turned out they refunded all of the 'Lemon' products from my order, so that included the shakes, bit weird but never mind)

Sadly, they did not give any explanation regarding the green flecks, so I'm still non the wiser as to what they could be.
I was really pleased to read your post as it gave me confirmation that it wasn't just me having this issue. Have you informed them of your findings? It would be great to get an explanation from Exante about this issue. I've bought shakes since but decided to give the 'food' items a miss.

Back