Moussaka?

WillowFae

Gold Member
I had planned to do the quorn moussaka that is in the Food Optimising book for dinner, but there are no instructions on how to cook it or anything. Has anyone got a recipe for a moussaka type thing?

There's a quorn moussaka recipe in the latest SW magazine. Failing that if you check out the BBC Good Food website I'm sure you'll find a recipe you can adapt.

The magazine I have only has a lasagne recipe. What I have done though is used their recipe for the topping (egg, fromage frais, quark) and I'll just put that on top of the quorn and aubergine and see how it goes! Will report back :)

It was the topping I was concerned about and BBC probably wouldn't have a syn free one!

The moussaka is in the August/Sept magazine - sounds like you have the old one.

The topping is 340g FF natural yoghurt, 1 tsp mild curry powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 3 egg yolks, 1 tsp nutmeg. Mix them all together and season to taste.

Enjoy your meal!

I'll give you the best and easiest recipe:
Prepare the Quorn mince with Bolognese sauce as for spaghetti Bolognese.
Chop the potatoes on small squares. Mix everything and display in baking dish. Cover with water and roast until the water disappeared and the potatoes are cooked. Then mix 3-4 eggs with natural yogurt, salt and pepper and cover the musaka. Roast until golden.

Thanks. Yes, I bought my magazine on Tuesday and then later on this week there was a message on the website saying the new one was out!

Anyway, it's in the oven now (egg, fromage frais, quark, and a bit of grated cheddar sprinkled on top).

Back