mousse dismay

Hazel

this is a bit of a pointless question, but it's been bugging me. I've looked up all the stickys and instructions on using the mixamousse powder to make the shakes into a mousse, and followed them to the letter, anyway my problem is that i can't make it a mousse! it foams up after a few mins in the blender fine, but by the time it's set, all the bubbles have settled out of it and it's just like a shake-jelly.
Am i missing a secret trick??
what i am making ain't a mousse, it a blancmange.
Maybe I would be happy if they just changed the name to mix-a-blancmange!!
x
ps i still ate it all though.;)

150mls of ice cold water, whole sachet, 1 level scoop mix a mousse into the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Works for me and has been my saviour, shakes would have bored me to tears i reckon. Good luck, hope you enjoy them x

gah! thanks. that's what i did though.. will persevere...
x

hazel, have u tried using the tetra briks for the mousse. they have a much 'softer' texture. much more 'mousselike'
cherylxx

looks as though you'll have to mentally rename it mix a blamonge (sp)then, if it comes on a spoon and in a bowl then it's a winner for me. Feels as though i'm eating something. I like to sit down with my lot at dinner time and pretend i'm eating real food and i find that it's a bit less weird for them if i appear to be "eating" at the same time as them. Good luck

ooh is it nicer with a tetra cheryl? i usually get somr from my cdc for emergenciies but will def have a go at moussing them. Do you have to use the blender or do you just add it?

i find them much nicer, not too keen on the banana but loveee the chocolate tetra as a mousse. ur spoon sinks in nicely, just like a shop bought chocolate mousse.
I make a chocolate tetra trifle every day for my evening meal . i should buy shares in supercook gelatine to be honest since im becoming a jelly-pusher. lol
i use supercook gelatine to make the jelly (450mls very cold water in bowl, dissolve one sachet of gelatine in 50mls boiling water and add to the cold water) then add 1 teaspoon CD orange or berry flavouring and a few drops of food colouring, then pour into a trifle dish/ large cereal bowl and put in fridge for about 2 hours until set, then make tetra mousse using the mix a mousse (sadly i still have to get the blender out for this) then pour over the set jelly and hey presto, one chocolate trifle :D
i even have to fight my kids for it.
cherylxx

A silly question but Im on ss can i still make the trifle sounds really nice.

Im only day 2 so ill take the tips on making the mousse, i dont have a blender so maybe I need to get one?

nikki x

Back