Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

mousse dismay

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Hazel, 29 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Hazel

Hazel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    this is a bit of a pointless question, but it's been bugging me. I've looked up all the stickys and instructions on using the mixamousse powder to make the shakes into a mousse, and followed them to the letter, anyway my problem is that i can't make it a mousse! it foams up after a few mins in the blender fine, but by the time it's set, all the bubbles have settled out of it and it's just like a shake-jelly.
    Am i missing a secret trick??
    what i am making ain't a mousse, it a blancmange.
    Maybe I would be happy if they just changed the name to mix-a-blancmange!!
    x
    ps i still ate it all though.;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    150mls of ice cold water, whole sachet, 1 level scoop mix a mousse into the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Works for me and has been my saviour, shakes would have bored me to tears i reckon. Good luck, hope you enjoy them x

4. Hazel

Hazel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    gah! thanks. that's what i did though.. will persevere...
    x

5. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    hazel, have u tried using the tetra briks for the mousse. they have a much 'softer' texture. much more 'mousselike'
    cherylxx

6. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    looks as though you'll have to mentally rename it mix a blamonge (sp)then, if it comes on a spoon and in a bowl then it's a winner for me. Feels as though i'm eating something. I like to sit down with my lot at dinner time and pretend i'm eating real food and i find that it's a bit less weird for them if i appear to be "eating" at the same time as them. Good luck

7. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    ooh is it nicer with a tetra cheryl? i usually get somr from my cdc for emergenciies but will def have a go at moussing them. Do you have to use the blender or do you just add it?

8. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    i find them much nicer, not too keen on the banana but loveee the chocolate tetra as a mousse. ur spoon sinks in nicely, just like a shop bought chocolate mousse.
    I make a chocolate tetra trifle every day for my evening meal . i should buy shares in supercook gelatine to be honest since im becoming a jelly-pusher. lol
    i use supercook gelatine to make the jelly (450mls very cold water in bowl, dissolve one sachet of gelatine in 50mls boiling water and add to the cold water) then add 1 teaspoon CD orange or berry flavouring and a few drops of food colouring, then pour into a trifle dish/ large cereal bowl and put in fridge for about 2 hours until set, then make tetra mousse using the mix a mousse (sadly i still have to get the blender out for this) then pour over the set jelly and hey presto, one chocolate trifle :D
    i even have to fight my kids for it.
    cherylxx

9. slaterslady

slaterslady Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.31%)
    Diet:
    CD
    A silly question but Im on ss can i still make the trifle sounds really nice.

Im only day 2 so ill take the tips on making the mousse, i dont have a blender so maybe I need to get one?

nikki x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.