Move from CS to S&S - anyone done it? advice please for a newbie

Hi,

I started CS two weeks ago and have found it quite easy and lost 11lbs. I have at least another 80 to go and then maybe some more :(.

I was searching the CS forum and someone mention S&S being cheaper and I have spent the last week reading the forum. The more I read it the more I like it. Thing is I live in Ireland so unless I am going to buy it a month at a time the postage is huge and I have a few weeks of CS shakes still to go through. Im wondering should I just bite the bullet and order a sample pack and try it out and if I like it get a months supply? Also a few more questions, sorry!

Can I mix CS shakes like 1 in the morning and the rest S&S?
Can I do one day CS and the next S&S as long as I stay in Ketosis (or even week on week off)
Has anyone moved from CS to S&S and which did they find was harder (I try to stay low carb and in ketosis)
Which is better for someone with a lot to lose 3meals and protein or 4 meals?

Thanks so much :)

hey hun , Iv never tried CS but I came to slim and save from Cambridge diet .
Is CS 4 packs a day? Cos CD was 3 packs a day and slim and save is 4 I couldnt mix them into a day or I wasnt getting the correct vits + minerals per day but you can certainly do a day of one and a day of the other.
4 packs a day or 3 packs and the protein meal will result in weight loss at the same speed as will having the veg/milk or not...doesnt realy make a difference.
All the meal packs are realy nice and the bars Iv tried were fab too I would def recomend slim and save to any one:)
hope this helps and good luck!
x

Hi Mo jo, thanks for replying

CS is 2 shakes a day and one protein meal with veg, and up to 3 100cal low carb snacks a day (for eg CS snack bar, 30g cheese, chicken and lettuce). I have been tracking on myfitnesspal and ive been barley getting 1000cals a day. Now that I think of it the shakes are about 200cals and nearly 20 carbs so I think that is more than the S&S meals.

I did Cambridge a few years ago and managed 2 stone and got pregnant,never went back. Tried LT too and it was a nightmare, everything tasted disgusting and I spent my days sneaking bits out of the fridge. I have 2 toddlers so I dont want to stop eating completely, I want to be able to sit down with the family and give my children good eating habits, better than mine anyway.

I wonder could I do one day CS and one day S&S seeing as I couldn't mix packs.

And wow well done on your losses, I cant imagine losing that much, it would make such a difference

Does CS put you in ketosis? If it does then you should be able to mix it with S&S with 1 day on S&S then 1 day on CS (don't mix and match because the nutrient levels won't be right). S&S is a VLCD tho whereas CS is not. Hence, once you've used up your supply of CS it will be better to do 100% S&S as your losses should be better. You can have a protein / veg meal on S&S but no snacks are allowed (other than bit of the veg if you want to use it for snacks) so you'll need to stop the snacking.

Hi,

I started CS two weeks ago and have found it quite easy and lost 11lbs. I have at least another 80 to go and then maybe some more :(.

I was searching the CS forum and someone mention S&S being cheaper and I have spent the last week reading the forum. The more I read it the more I like it. Thing is I live in Ireland so unless I am going to buy it a month at a time the postage is huge and I have a few weeks of CS shakes still to go through. Im wondering should I just bite the bullet and order a sample pack and try it out and if I like it get a months supply? Also a few more questions, sorry!

Can I mix CS shakes like 1 in the morning and the rest S&S?
Can I do one day CS and the next S&S as long as I stay in Ketosis (or even week on week off)
Has anyone moved from CS to S&S and which did they find was harder (I try to stay low carb and in ketosis)
Which is better for someone with a lot to lose 3meals and protein or 4 meals?

Hello fellow Irish woman and welcome!!!. Firstly, I order the months supply of four per day. Contact Rob in slim and save about reduction of delivery charge as he gives me a coupon which knocks 50% of postage cost for Ireland so for 28 days supply of four per day, it works out at 163 euro or approx 40euro per week. Not bad for a weeks supply of food!!

I agree with bordersgirl about not mixing the products. I have done Lipotrim, celebrity slim (I could only stick that four days but it works more or less like the slimfast diet), exante, cambridge and atkins so I've been through the mill, lol. I have no hesitation in saying that slim and save is by far the best. If you do four packs per day, you dont have to worry about portions and can still have veg allowance and milk allowance but it allows you the versatility to eat out. Things like steak and salad or fish and veg etc. Three per day plus a protein meal is also a very good option. THe bars are brill for a sweet tooth and if you love your dinners the spag bol, cottage pie and oatmeal for breakfast are great.

Either way, you must consume food four times per day in whatever combination you like . This also keeps your metabolism going as your body is just like an engine. It need fuel, small and often to keep ticking over and working to it's optimum. YOu lose as much weight on this as you would on any vlcd such as lipotrim but get to eat food and also eat four times per day so its win win all round!!

Best of luck!!. I am in the south west of Ireland. What about you?

Hi everyone thanks for all the tips.

Yes CS does put you in Ketosis as long as your snacks are low carb rather than the yogurts and apples you can have as long as they are less than 10g of carbs per 100g. I dont know if I could stick it without ketosis!

I think I am going to get the sample pack and give it a go, I can always stick with CS if I dont like it or keep CS for when I have less to lose. I would love to get a big chunk of my weight gone asap. Seriously thanks for all the advice, hoping I will be joining soon depending how I get on with the samples. Would the samples be enough to do a full week so I could see what my loss would be like?

Binge eater thanks for the postage tips, I am in dublin and every little helps, its all so expensive. How long are the delivery times to you from the company? thanks

Hi everyone thanks for all the tips.

Yes CS does put you in Ketosis as long as your snacks are low carb rather than the yogurts and apples you can have as long as they are less than 10g of carbs per 100g. I dont know if I could stick it without ketosis!

I think I am going to get the sample pack and give it a go, I can always stick with CS if I dont like it or keep CS for when I have less to lose. I would love to get a big chunk of my weight gone asap. Seriously thanks for all the advice, hoping I will be joining soon depending how I get on with the samples. Would the samples be enough to do a full week so I could see what my loss would be like?

Binge eater thanks for the postage tips, I am in dublin and every little helps, its all so expensive. How long are the delivery times to you from the company? thanks

Hi hun, the delivery is never more than three days from when you order and the fact that you are in Dublin, it should be even quicker!!

Good luck with it!!

Well I just put an order in for 21 samples which should give me a week to try them out with a small meal and see how my weight goes and if its much different to CS. Wish me luck!

Back