MOVING ABROAD-HELP NEEDED!!

NewLife4Me

Just wondering if anybody could provide me with with some info re moving abroad & sending on personal belongings.

I´m planning on moving back to Spain this summer, and need to send over about 5 or 6 suitcases of clothes-books,etc, but most airlines are now charging 8 to 10 euro per extra kilo!!! I guess I will have near to 70kg but I donñt want to pay 700euro!!!

I tried ups and dhl, their prices are even worse!!!

Anybody could help me with this? Or know anybody that has done this before?

PS. I´m moving from Dublin to Spain, not the UK.

THANKSSSSS:)

if i were you i would contact some local removal companies, some of them will do shipping which will def be cheaper that dhl or ups!!!

Either that or contact the airline and ask the about air freight, they can often do a deal if you have lots!

Good luck

NL4M - I moved to Spain a few years ago (albeit it temporarily) and I used a local shipping company. In short they wait until they have a full van load and then go over hence keeping their costs down. The only negative is that it might not coincide exactly with the date that you are getting there for so you either might have to arrange storage at the other end or it might come say a week or so after you get there. I found our man in the local free paper, have you tried there or do you have a Yellow Pages or equivalent in Dublin? I hope this helps xx

Back