Help - where do i start?

pgslim

Could some of you lovely people please go through the process of how to get plastic surgery on the NHS or at least how to go about applying/qualifying etc. I've spent most of my adult life being morbidly obese & yo yo dieting for 30 years. This has caused significant skin damage. Yesterday i had a consultation with a private plastic surgeon who told me that when i lose this final last bit of weight i will need a full body lift as opposed to a tummy tuck (i also have a medial thigh lift needs doing but not as desperately as the full body). I'm thoroughly miserable in most of my clothes & out of my clothes too.

To be able to afford the surgery i have 2 options, i give up my freedom & live with my mother in law, give up my car, save every spare penny & then in 2-3 years i may have enough. Or i go abroad - myself & my partner are not really feeling this option.

Any help would be really appreciated, if it helps i'm a Wolverhampton PCT patient

Thanks

Julie x

Pierce funnily enough i used to be a member on wlsurgery 6 years ago. Think a new profile might be called for as i think the email was an old one i no longer access, but i'll try just on the off chance

Many thanks

Julie

Hi. I have just recieved a tummy tuck on the NHS 2 days ago. I waited 1.5 years on the waiting list but I am so happy now.

As far as I am aware you have to have lost weight and held a healthy bmi for 2+ years for them to Consider you. As this shows you will continue to keep the weight of after a tummy tuck. I went through two councillors foe depression over how my tummy was left after a csection and 7 stone weight loss. Alongside this and my doctor being able to prove that I had held a healthy bmi for 2+ years since losing the weight got me onto the waiting list. I think it also depends on the funding in your area. It is worth asking your doctor to refer you and best of luck

Back