moving from another VLCD to slim and save

korbendallas

Hello,

I am over 3 weeks in to a VLCD with cambridge and have been quite enticed by slim and save mostly because they seem to offer "real" food options. After 3 weeks of soups and shakes and water you start to miss the sensation of actually having food, not to mention the massive price gap.

So have many of you moved to slim and save from cambridge/lighter life and how did you find it, how are the packs (chillie, spaggeti etc) ?

How easy are they to prepare ? do you suffer without a weekly weigh in and counsellor ?

I moved over from Exante and cannot recommend slim and save highly enough. Haven't had a food pack I disliked, they're easy to prepare and the company are quick to respond to queries. As long as you can identify reasons you over eat and try your best to resolve them and realise you cannot go back to eating the way you did before you started you should be fine.

I moved from CD after 5 weeks , I just dont like milkshakes and was only having the coffee and porridge...havent tried any milkshakes on slim and save but all the food packs and original oatmeal are fab the veg alowance with them is just luxery after CD ..and the choc bars are like choc bars lol...didnt like the CD ones they kinda grow in your mouth and taste too chemicaly too me...so yeah and 110% I would recomend slim and save.
I know a lotta ppl think going to the CDC to get weighed keeps them on track but so does logging your weight on here I think
x

I moved from CD to sns after just 3 weeks, I had 2 counsellors and neither of them were that good, one was ripping me off and downright rude, the other was massively overweight and her children kept walking in when I was there!

I'm glad I made the switch although I did actually prefer the CD shakes (I think I just got used to them) but the real food plus bars PLUS protein and veg allowance and the cost more than makes up for this. I bought myself a £15 pair of salter scales from Argos and I weigh myself every Week with maybe one weigh in Inbetween to keep me on track.

I personally think the best thing is the protein allowed veg allowance, it makes the world of difference and feels like you can be 'normal'

You can have a grilled chicken breast and a salad at the pub or create food masterpieces with chicken and tofu ( I dont, I just bake my chicken or salmon most days or have an omelette with some ham and mushrooms).

Its streets ahead of cd if you have the confidence/discipline to weigh at home or at Boots!

Go for it!

korbendallas said:
So you can go for totall food replacement and still have stuff like an omelette ?

You can either go for total food replacement (4 packs) or do 3 packs plus a small protein meal (eg omlette). You can swap - so 3 packs plus protein one day and 4 packs another. The calories and carbs are similar no matter which route you take. There is a limited list of protein/veg allowed and in limited quantities.

Back