Moving from lipotrim to Slim & save?

mismax

I have done 16 days on the strict version of lipotrim and lost a stone and 2lbs. I want to lose another 3 stone or more if I can manage it and although lipotrim really works, I'm not sure I can tough it out with such a limited range with nothing hot with consistency (I tried their chicken soup and bars and couldn't stomach either).

I have read about S7S on here and ordered the sample pack with one of everything and it came today. I had 2 of my lipotrim shakes and then the cottage pie this evening - yum!:)

My plan was to keep going with lipotrim shakes and replace one a day with the S&S and then gradually switch over. It would give me a few more trips to the chemist for the motivation of the weigh in and let me see which flavours I like before I order in bulk.

I wondered had anyone else done this and also do you lose as much on S7S as lipotrim - from my first pack it is so much nicer and you have 4 a day so wondered if this made it slower?

Any opinions very welcome. I don't want to make the switch if it is going to lead to me falling off the wagon - I need "strict" to keep me going otherwise I would have gone for a much more lifestyle friendly diet like slimming world:rolleyes:

S&S is a ketogenic VLCD just like LT etc. Losses are the same there's no reason why you should fall off the wagon

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. The whole concept of VLC diets is hard to get your head around and then when you are presented with

choice A = 3 things a day, nothing else and only 2 items from that range that I can take vs.

option B= 4 items a day plus veg plus flavoured drinks plus much nicer flavours

you kind of think that they pay off must be that you lose less with option B but from lots of reading on here last night it doesn't seem so.:confused:

I reckon I will try it and see how I go - nothing to lose (except about 4 stone!!!!)

I switched over from Lipotrim and much prefer the variety on offer from s&s and it fits in with my work life.
I too used a mix of both products at first and to be honestI thought s&s sounded too good to be true.
I have to say I'm loving almost all of the products so far. Good luck with the switch Mismax x x

Thank you! So far S&S is winning hands down in the taste and convenience stakes!

You can also do the option of:

- 3 packs
- 100g protein (chicken, turkey, cod, salmon, 2 boiled eggs etc)
- 200g veg from list

On all S&S plans you can also have 150ml of skimmed milk, which I find great for cups of tea!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and well done on your weight loss si far! x

Thanks Elaine - yes I read that, I'll just have to make sure I don't slip and do 4 packs plus the protein!

I too am thinking of switching over to slim and save having looked at the website as it will give much more variety. I am now on my 24 day of Lipotrim. I will be watching for your weitht loss this week mismax:) maybe a starting point would to order my first pack of slim and save.

Hi Jude - It seems we are at a similar place with our weight loss but I have much more to lose. I have completely made the switch to S&S for the next week and will see how I go. I have left the door open with the pharmacy to go back to lipotrim if I find it isn't working for me.

So far I am finding it much more bearable. I found I was counting the minutes and not just the days on Lipotrim - it was so hard! I feel much more human on this system but the truth will out on weigh day! I'll do my best to remember to post back here to let you know how I do.

All the best to you this week!

I've previously tried LL, CD and LT and couldn't stomach any of the soups/shakes for more than a week, but I'm currently on week 2 of S&S and I'm optimistic that I will succeed this time, as actually chewing on something palatable is brilliant for me. I even bake the porridge to make cookies so I constantly chew each of my meals and that's what will get me through this. I can't recommend S&S highly enough so far. Good luck x

I have ordered my S & S packs which will hopefully arrive tomorrow. My weigh in is on Wednesday and I think I will have couple of weeks of combination and then if I like swap over. What day do you weigh mismax? think by what everyone says that the switch over is worth it! Good luck on your weight loss Jude

I have been getting my LT on Saturdays but technically my weigh in day should be Sunday so that is what I'll be doing after this week when I'm weighing myself.

My TOTM arrived this morning so that explains why the scales have been stuck for a few days - hoping things will improve once it's over but at least I have not fallen off the wagon - I'm sure I would have given up on LT by now with the way I'm feeling

I've switched over today... On day 21... Decided rather than swap over a few days I'll just make the change so 100% S&S from tomorrow

All my slim and save packs came today and very excited about starting them tomorrow!! different tastes after 28 days on Lipotrim can't wait. 4th weigh in tomorrow

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow Jude! I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and they are moving in the right direction - so far so good and much more bearable than LT

I'm popping back to update this thread in case anyone is still reading it although I am starting a diary here http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-diaries/288084-jumping-over-slim-save.html from now on.

I have had a great first full week on S&S and on my scales I'm down 5lbs:). Finding it easy and maneagable in comparison to LT. There is that little bit more freedom of eating the veggies and the protein option that I have to make sure I stay on track with but overall I'm losing at a rate I'm happy with and I feel I can carry on indefinately - something I never felt before.

I'm off now to update my diary etc and will be posting there from now on - feel free to message me there - I need all the encouragement I can get !!

Ohh you'll be in heaven JudeBo the choice is amazing compared to lipotrim.
Good luck for tomorrows weigh-in x x

Really enjoying my meals with S&S! stared on weds and although weighed at chemist on Wednesday with Lipotrim and got my weeks supply I weighed at work on Friday with my work colleagues and will now be weighing on Fridays. I will be continuing to have the shakes from Lipotrim until they all go and the meals and bars from S&S. I feel really happy with the S&S and so loving having my 200g of veggies with the meal. I intend undertaking this for 7 weeks and then I will look to refeed. Wishing everyone good luck with their weight loss this week :cool:

Have not been on the forum much but just thought I would post to say that things are still going well and I have lost 2 stone in 6 weeks!! well pleased. I am now on slim and save all the time and enjoying the meals but got to say do not like the soups at all or the oatmeal or porridge and only one bar that I like. Hope everyone doing well.

Well done Judebo that's amazing in such a short time.
I never rated the soups at first but I find the Thai flavour with my veg allowance shredded is really filling and the texture is mmmmmmmm delish.
Didn't like the other flavour soups though.
The bars I can say I'm not too over keen on but I have them here so I tend to chop into slithers and freeze. They feel like a naughty treat this way.
Good luck for the coming week x x

Back