Moving groups

JanieJane84

Hey all,

Not sure this is really off topic but I'm new to minimins and wasn't sure where else to post!

My consultant has started to become rude and unhelpful in the last couple of weeks. I work shifts so swap between a monday eve group and a tuesday morning group. Last week I went to the morning group which starts at 10am, I thought it was 10.15 so arrived at 10.20. She had already started the image therapy and basically shouted at me asking if I was staying when I walked through the doors, in front of everyone. She said that I had to be there by 10.15 to be weighed before image therapy in future so weighed me whilst everyone else sat and waited and then announced loudly my gain so everyone heard.

A few friends say that we get a 30min weigh in slot so she should have waited until 10.30 before starting image therapy?

She also never has time to talk, never answers her phone and never replies to texts. I don't have an email address for her and so find myself asking other ppl (non consultants) for help. I know running a group means she won't always have time but I can never get five mins with her.

I feel like I want to find a new group but feel odd about leaving, do I tell her? I've made some good friends on the eve group but I'm not sure the friendship is worth staying for to be made to feel awful and to get no help.

Not sure theres a point to this post but its nice to be able to post some where noone else will see.

Thanks

Jane xx

Hi Jane

I would definitely move group! The C's job is to support you every step of the way! I had a great one, she was there day or night. They changed to a new venue I couldn't get to, so I joined a new class last week. I just told the new C I was transferring there for good, not just a visitor. Too early to say if I will get the same support, I couldn't stay to group.

Personally, I think you need to make sure you get your money's worth... 4.95 just to get weighed is a waste of money IMO.

Good luck!

Tell her you are moving AND tell her why. She is running a business and she has just lost a regular customer - she needs to know why. You don't have to do it in person, just write her a letter. People's behaviour will only improve when other people tell them what's wrong.

She should allow 30 mins for weigh in, 30 for IT. I would tell SW why you're not happy and how rude she was, she will have an area manager. My Con would never do that x

That's awful! I agree with the advice given though - I'd let her know one way or another that you're leaving, and that it's because of her. I'd probably even let HQ know too - she does not sound like she is making a very good impression on behalf of Slimming World, and I'm sure they'd want to hear about it.

Reading posts like this makes me even more grateful to have such a wonderful consultant.

Thats dreadful and SW should know about it. My consultant is always available to text, ring etc and is so approachable. She always has a FB group so we can all chat etc

Aw thanks ladies, I've been so worried about this it really affected my losses prob because I didn't stay.

I got my 2st and 10% this week and she didn't even sign the certificates :(

Time to make to move I think!

I used to go to a cake decorating class run by someone like your consultant.

Everyone put up with it but she just got worse, shouting at people for the smallest thing. Eventually someone cracked and had a blazing row with her and later reported her to the adult education people. After that she decided to resign.

I don't suggest you have a row with her but maybe think about reporting her to Slimming World, she isn't a good repressentative of their business.

If you don't feel comfortable then don't go to the group and change to whatever you feel comfortable. Bearing in mind you are paying for the service, so don't torrelate it if it is not working!!!

Thank you for all the advise ladies. Its time to make the jump. Its so scary becuase of the support that the group has given me.

Also I'd have a huge week between normal wi on monday and new wi on weds/thurs, its def gotta be done tho.

JanieJane84 said:
Thank you for all the advise ladies. Its time to make the jump. Its so scary becuase of the support that the group has given me.

Also I'd have a huge week between normal wi on monday and new wi on weds/thurs, its def gotta be done tho.

I WI Wednesday's and think it's perfect, couple days recover from Weekend, couple of days too weekend when most f us make more effort cooking. Honestly the week goes so quick x

I weighed in today and she didn't acknowledge me. Gonna txt her this eve and explain how I feel and that I'm moving groups, then my week won't be so long to change.

What a Moo!
I always felt like SW/WW were ran by women like this, which made me not join a group.
It wasnt until a friend joined a group (not the closest one to me- there were options) and I went along.
I really like the group so far....Slimming world promotes NO HUMILIATION. If you felt humiliated, report it. You won't be the only lady feeling like this.

If you move, She does need to know why. Although I'd have definately snapped by now :D

You wouldn't accept being spoken to like it by a friend, colleague or stranger..so don't pay £4.95 to be treated that way. Hope it works out hun x

You wouldn't accept being spoken to like it by a friend, colleague or stranger..so don't pay £4.95 to be treated that way. Hope it works out hun x

You are right Tinkagem! It is making me not want to go. I've a friend who goes to a closer group so may go with her. I'm so chicken about making the leap! It took me a while to get there in the first place and I'm worried i'll stop going if the other groups are lame!

Hope you get on ok with your group! xx

JanieJane84 said:
You are right Tinkagem! It is making me not want to go. I've a friend who goes to a closer group so may go with her. I'm so chicken about making the leap! It took me a while to get there in the first place and I'm worried i'll stop going if the other groups are lame!

Hope you get on ok with your group! xx

The thing is lame or not, you're doing this for you. Nobody else ;) I would still go to class if there were ten chickens sat on chairs lol :) if it's lame then energise them up! :)

Well im doing it. This week i will be going to a weds group closer to home. I weighed Tuesday morn this week (shift worker) i never stay to to the class as i need to get to work and once again she didn't have time to step away from her faves to talk so im done.

Its not fair to feel that way. So here's to the next step :)

Back