Moving on back ! :)

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Hey people,

I have just come to share what is going through my head today.

I have had my weigh in tonight, and unfortunately I put on 1lb, but I do know why. I had a load of social events over the weekend and I did not want to miss out on them as they do not come around that long, so thats the reason for the 1lb on. But my decision on moving back to the Discover plan is because I just feel like I am not losing enough weight on this new plan, and at the end of the week I just dont feel that I have lost weight, you know that feeling you get before you get on the scales that you have done ok.

So yeah, as from tomorrow I will be back on the old plan, :) But I will still be here posting and commenting on everything.

Hope everyone else is ok and doing well :)

As long as you know why it is not so bad.

Also wanted to say thanks for helping so much with everyones' propoints queries. We do appreciate it.

Irene xx

Hey people,

I have just come to share what is going through my head today.

I have had my weigh in tonight, and unfortunately I put on 1lb, but I do know why. I had a load of social events over the weekend and I did not want to miss out on them as they do not come around that long, so thats the reason for the 1lb on. But my decision on moving back to the Discover plan is because I just feel like I am not losing enough weight on this new plan, and at the end of the week I just dont feel that I have lost weight, you know that feeling you get before you get on the scales that you have done ok.

So yeah, as from tomorrow I will be back on the old plan, :) But I will still be here posting and commenting on everything.

Hope everyone else is ok and doing well :)

it's your choice Anthony, but in my opinion you were doing really well on pp and you weren't hungry. One week of a slip off where you know the reason for having slipped doesn't seem to be a good reason for swapping back to the old plan. You don't know whether you would have had even a higher gain on the old plan or not.

IMHO it's not right, but you're the one who gets the last word of course so there's nothing that my "not right" feeling can do really.I just feel it's a shame because you were doing really well!

it's your choice Anthony, but in my opinion you were doing really well on pp and you weren't hungry. One week of a slip off where you know the reason for having slipped doesn't seem to be a good reason for swapping back to the old plan. You don't know whether you would have had even a higher gain on the old plan or not.

IMHO it's not right, but you're the one who gets the last word of course so there's nothing that my "not right" feeling can do really.I just feel it's a shame because you were doing really well!

I know what you are saying, but I dont think that this was the reason for me saying I am going back to the old plan as I have been thinking about it for about a week now, ever since my 0.5lb loss, but I would say that putting on that 1lb this week has made me think of it more. Im now undecided again as I know that it just felt right on the old plan, and I havent had that feeling on this new one. And I dont think I have done that well on PP either, I have only lost 4lbs well 3 now as I put 1 back on.

So im still a bit hmmmmmmmmmmmmm at the minute

I am struggling with pp but hopefully this week will be better I had a small gain and think this week will be a loss but I was on antibiotics and after I came off them I wee'd for england so hopefully back on track stay with it a bit longer Anthony and see how it goes

You have to do what is right for you hun I'm trying my very best to be enthusiastic about pp despite a gain then a loss then...who knows what this week will bring as I haven't weighed yet lol...but I've said all along that if pp isn't for me I'll be running back to discover. You did so well on Discover so you know it works for you.

You'll do fab!
x

I know what you are saying, but I dont think that this was the reason for me saying I am going back to the old plan as I have been thinking about it for about a week now, ever since my 0.5lb loss, but I would say that putting on that 1lb this week has made me think of it more. Im now undecided again as I know that it just felt right on the old plan, and I havent had that feeling on this new one. And I dont think I have done that well on PP either, I have only lost 4lbs well 3 now as I put 1 back on.

so I'm confused! Have you moved back to Discover or not? :)

I think you should give it another go and point correctly for 4 weeks. Maybe keep on following Discover until after Christmas if you feel more in control with it and then give pp another go?

Maybe they haven't really done the right thing to introducing it so close to Christmas because with all the food and the commitment to Xmas do's, dinners and New Year's eve and day parties people won't be able to recognise whether the new plan is working or not!

Let us know what you decide to do!

so I'm confused! Have you moved back to Discover or not? :)

I think you should give it another go and point correctly for 4 weeks. Maybe keep on following Discover until after Christmas if you feel more in control with it and then give pp another go?

Maybe they haven't really done the right thing to introducing it so close to Christmas because with all the food and the commitment to Xmas do's, dinners and New Year's eve and day parties people won't be able to recognise whether the new plan is working or not!

Let us know what you decide to do!

Woke up today still undecided and wondering what to do, I had my breakfast and still kept thinking whether or not I was going to point them or Propoint them, in the end I decided to stick with propoints as I re read what you had said so yeah im still on propoints for now, and gonna give it a couple more weeks I suppose and see how I feel. I really really want this plan to work for me but as you said im not sure with all these social events going on at the minute, I am off to Bristol in the morning but I will probably not point or track until Sunday, but that can not be helped really. Oh *sigh* *sigh *sigh* :/

I would say to not even try to give the pp plan a shot until after new year. Just aim at maintaining your weight (damage compensation!!), so add a few points, eat all of your weekly in the social events and call it maintenance until after Xmas and new year. Then, when the holidays will be done and dusted, get back. It could be that the boost to your metabolism will actually increase your chances to getting to goal!

I would say to not even try to give the pp plan a shot until after new year. Just aim at maintaining your weight (damage compensation!!), so add a few points, eat all of your weekly in the social events and call it maintenance until after Xmas and new year. Then, when the holidays will be done and dusted, get back. It could be that the boost to your metabolism will actually increase your chances to getting to goal!

Yeah your right, maybe I should try and maintain until after the new year, that would also be a pressure off me that I have to keep losing weight each week too. I will see how this week goes maybe and then decide after my next weigh in depending if I lose or not, as I am planning on loosing this week despite my trip to Bristol.

EDIT: How do I check my maintenance allowance on the calculator?

EDIT: How do I check my maintenance allowance on the calculator?

you tell it that you don't want to lose weight. It adds 6pp for maintenance, but from what my leader told me you should add 1pp per week and see whether you maintain or put on or lose. Online you can adjust your target up to 3pp less when you get to maintenance :)

I've just started trying to maintain, i was told to add 3 points the first week, but i carried on loosing. So added another 3 the next week. Managed to stay the same that week so we're staying on an extra 6 points this week and if i gain we'll take 1 off and see what happens then. Its a juggling act to maintain but adding an extra 3 was how i started.

You know whats right and what works for you so if you feel the old plan works better then go back no one else can make up your mind for you... you were doing really well on the old plan and to be honest i was suprised when you said you were gonna try pp lol go with your heart chicky!! x

I have given pp 3 weeks now and have only lost1/2 lb. This week I have had 6 very strenuous exercise sessions and still sts.
So going back to discovery next week. Bit fedup as I was doing so well on discovery and would have lost another stone before christmas so not a happy bunny

Back