• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Moving over from SW

S: 15st7lb C: 15st7lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Morning all

I have been on the SW forum for a while as was giving that a go. However, despite loving eating loads of pasta and potatos, I don't feel the same freedom that comes from calorie counting. A few years ago I lost over 4 stone calorie counting and need to lose that (and a bit more) again this time. So think I'd best stick to what i know.

May start a diary shortly as I find that keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Bumblebum
x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Smirky

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 17st7lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 39.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hiya hun, welcome to CC hope you enjoy it! I moved over from WW just needed a change! :) good luck with everything xx

Thanks for the welcome guys:D

I'll be starting next week as have a meal out tomorrow night and a night away Monday.

I know calorie counting works so am looking forward to getting going.:)

chinababe

Silver Member
S: 10st2lb C: 10st2lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi
I've just moved across from SW also. I did well at the begining but after a while found that I was eating far too much beacause my head kept telling me that is was syn free where in reality I knew that I was eating too many calories per day!!!!!!!! I know they say not to count calories & eat unto full but I kept argueing with myself & was thinking about what to eat next all the time!

S: 18st4lb C: 10st10lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 20.9 Loss: 7st8lb(41.41%)
Hi guys - welcome to CC.

Chinababe - I know just what you mean. I was exactly the same on the SW plan. I just ate so much free food, cos it was "free". This time I decided to stick with what I know - if you eat less calories than you need, you'll lose weight - and I have:) Also, I do love my treats, especially curly wurlys at 115 cals each:D

chinababe

Silver Member
S: 10st2lb C: 10st2lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Meltdown
thank you for welcome. I think I need a number to restrict myself to. Free food is only free if you eat normally but my head rule my appetite- I am not hungry but want to eat in my head! If that makes any sense.

Chinababe - you've hit the nail on the head for me. "free food" is really only free if you eat normally. I know I could eat a plate of pasta, the size of which would feed a family! So I think I'm better calorie counting too. It didn't fail me before and hopefully won't now!

S: 18st4lb C: 10st10lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 20.9 Loss: 7st8lb(41.41%)
Chinababe & Bubblebum - I'm glad I'm not the only one! I know you are only supposed to eat until you are full, but as soon as I knew the food was free, I kept scoffing it, full or not! I'm now almost at goal and have done it by calorie counting and eating healthily. Good luck and enjoy your journey.

S: 13st12.5lb C: 11st12.5lb G: 11st12.5lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 2st0lb(14.4%)
ME TOO!!!!

I have be CC after doing SW for a year and loosing 2 stone. I found that I just didnt loose anymore weight after that and I was eating food for the sake of it. Think I just needed more disapline in my diet and this seems to keep my weight under more control!

cazzabella78

staying positive
S: 12st9.5lb C: 12st9.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
hey everyone,

i'm moving over from SW too..i just cant get into the swing of things. i losr 6lbs in the first week but seemed to keep falling off the wagon. I seemed to use all my syns on butter lol. Anyways, im starting calorie counting today...i always start on a monday but thought starting on a different day would we a nice change to the "im starting on monday .. again" :)

cazzabella78

staying positive
S: 12st9.5lb C: 12st9.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
cheers bumblebum (great name) lol, good luck to you too :)

S: 17st9lb C: 16st10lb G: 10st5lb Loss: 0st13lb(5.26%)
I personally don't understand the whole slimming club thing, I obsess over numbers being right so perhaps that's why calorie counting works for me??

I personally don't understand the whole slimming club thing, I obsess over numbers being right so perhaps that's why calorie counting works for me??
Im a diet freak ive tired RC SW WW and cambridge diet the only successful that got my 4 stones off is the cambridge diet followed by ww.

well SW i went once and gained 6 lbs in my first week all them free yogurts i was eating lol.

RC was also good and now CC is a life time way off eating and mangaing my weight for life.

keep going Tink