Moving to cc?

Sazbirl said:
Oh bless your little boy hope he is better today.
I found my first day really good how did you get on with it? I'm really enjoying doing it, just hope it works and weight comes off:)

Yeah he's much better thanks. First day was ok an today gone well too. Think it's just going to be about finding the right low foods to make things stretch for those hungry days.

Have been and braved asda tonight and am absolutely exhausted so have come home and had pizza (within cals) and am going to skip shred tonight and pick up tomorrow. Im just exhausted after a big office move round today. Physical work. Bah. Tomorrow however is my mommy day where I get to stay at home with my two beautiful little boys and play. Yay xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yummymummy75 said:
ok how much is a cup of milk on mfp??

About 45 cals for the one percent fat stuff hun x are you trying double tracking? X

Rkmriddell said:
Yeah he's much better thanks. First day was ok an today gone well too. Think it's just going to be about finding the right low foods to make things stretch for those hungry days.

Have been and braved asda tonight and am absolutely exhausted so have come home and had pizza (within cals) and am going to skip shred tonight and pick up tomorrow. Im just exhausted after a big office move round today. Physical work. Bah. Tomorrow however is my mommy day where I get to stay at home with my two beautiful little boys and play. Yay xxx

Glad he is better,and as long as you are in your cals you should be ok to have pizza:) plus your busy day at work today will have burned lots of cals off, enjoy your day with your boys tomorrow.xx

About 45 cals for the one percent fat stuff hun x are you trying double tracking? X

i'm trying to but finding it impossible with the amounts,,re cups of milk and the likes,,i get bored after putting my breakfast in lol,,have yet to do an full days meals

yummymummy75 said:
i'm trying to but finding it impossible with the amounts,,re cups of milk and the likes,,i get bored after putting my breakfast in lol,,have yet to do an full days meals

You can change the serving size normally to make it a bit easier. I'm no good with cups lol x

Rkmriddell said:
You can change the serving size normally to make it a bit easier. I'm no good with cups lol x

How are you both getting on? I'm happy to report a quarter lb lost which is fab after an indian sat and roast yest! Back too it today. Need to make more effort to fit in my DVD too. Gonna make a nice prawn stirfry for lunch at work me thinks. Xxx

OK girlies.... i've made the decision today as my ww subscription was due again this week and i've decided to give cc a real go. I did ok with it last week, my food isn't really different to what i would eat on ww except that i'm definitely eating less overall because i'm counting fruit and veg. I found it easy last week, tracking with MFP and even after a not very well behaved weekend, i'm 0.25lb down. Which i'm definitely pleased with considering i had an indian lol. I also think that CC is going to make me more aware of my exercise so that i can earn the points x

Hi everyone. I'm Bex.

Am currently following Ww pro points but the more I'm thinking about it the more bothered I'm getting. Whilst I have and am losing weight the concept of free fruit and veg is starting to bother me. Particularly as it can add up to in excess of 400 Cals per day on top of whatever my points work out to be. Which can be anything from 1440 upwards depending on what I choose to eat.

I'm also thinking that cc is free and going to be easier to follow. Pretty much everything lists a calorie content whilst for ww you need fibre, protein, fat too.

So I'm subscribed to ww until the end of the month already but am thinking I'm going to try cc, which I've sort of been doing alongside for the last week and see how that goes.

How have you guys found cc? Have any of you moved from ww? What are your hints, tips, best low calorie foods x

Hi Bex, I would really recommend CC, like you said it is free and real easy to do. For low calorie foods I'd recommend grilled chicken and a mountain of salad with wholemeal pittas, makes a great lunch and means I'm not as hungry when it comes to dinner.

Calorie counting seems to be more like a lifestyle change and something I could live with forever, watching what I eat within reason and knowing how many calories are in foods, everything in moderation of course.

Good luck Bex, I hope you do well! x

Hi Bex, I would really recommend CC, like you said it is free and real easy to do. For low calorie foods I'd recommend grilled chicken and a mountain of salad with wholemeal pittas, makes a great lunch and means I'm not as hungry when it comes to dinner.

Calorie counting seems to be more like a lifestyle change and something I could live with forever, watching what I eat within reason and knowing how many calories are in foods, everything in moderation of course.

Good luck Bex, I hope you do well! x

Mmm was just thinking about chicken earlier and that i'm going to do a chicken salad pitta for lunch tomorrow lol. Do you marinade it in anything to add a bit of flavour? x

So i kicked myself back in the bum tonight and got back on the shred.... day 9 (although not consecutive) and gave level 2 a go.... wow!! It's much tougher i found. A good work out though!!! Are any of you doing it? If so, what do you track it as on MFP? I've put it as circuit training for level 1, 20 minutes. But today was definitely harder and burned more calories so i went with circuit training and just upped the time by 5 minutes.... any ideas??? x

I buy a pack of chicken breasts and cook them all in different flavours, nothing major just garlic and herbs, or chilli, whatevers in the cupboards. Or if I'm feeling lazy sainsburys have some really tasty ones, sweet chilli and hot and spicy, they are on special offer at the moment too 2 for 4 quid so even better.

Another great one for pitta is smoked salmon and extra light cream cheese, absolutely delicious!

X

Think i'm going to have to go and physically do my shopping this week so i can have a look around rather than ordering online x thanks for the ideas x

Sounds like a good plan! I like to take my time in the supermarket and look at the healthier alternatives to as much food as I can find. I recommend the shape delight chocolate desserts/yoghurts, very yummy!

And knowing I can walk down the crisps/chocolate/crap aisles and not feel tempted to buy any of that junk is a great feeling! x

Hi Bex!

I'm just over 5 foot tall, with small bones, and suffer from a hormone condition that makes it bloody difficult for me to lose weight. I was on 29 pp a day on WeightWatchers, and found it just wasn't working for me... I used discover plan in the past, and old points were fine, so I thought maybe I'd look at calorie counting (as the old plan accounted for calories).

I worked out my NET amount of calories per day using LiveStrong.com, regardless of any exercise I do and have started calorie counting on Thursday. I've already lost more weight since Thursday (1.5lbs) than I lose on 3 weeks doing propoints, and out of interest, put what I was eating in to my WeightWatchers calculator, and yes, it was too many calories, I'm consuming the equivalent of between 25 and 27 pp a day (depending how much fruit I have) on calorie counting and it's made such a difference :) On days I exercise, I consume more but I don't have exact figures for that yet as today is my first exercise day since Thursday when I started CC.

As Jayne said, CC is really a lifestyle choice, and so far, I love it. I see WW ProPoints working for some people and not others - I'm not sure if you're a little person (like me) but the new plan isn't really tailored very well for shorties, in my opinion.

Back