Moving up steps

Jennifer89

Do u move up steps once youve reached your goal? Or when youve got a certain amout left to go? Do u still lose as u go up or just maintain?

You move up stages when you have weight still to lose. Your cdc will sit with you and discuss a good time to move onto next step. The reason for that is because you will continue to lose weight on the other steps too so if you were already at goal you will go under weight. My husband started the steps when he had a stone to lose. He still continues to lose about 1-2lbs a week. Last week he lost 3lbs! He will be on his final step in two weeks n cdc said by then his weight will just stay the same x

MrsFatBum said:
You move up stages when you have weight still to lose. Your cdc will sit with you and discuss a good time to move onto next step. The reason for that is because you will continue to lose weight on the other steps too so if you were already at goal you will go under weight. My husband started the steps when he had a stone to lose. He still continues to lose about 1-2lbs a week. Last week he lost 3lbs! He will be on his final step in two weeks n cdc said by then his weight will just stay the same x

Thanks hun. I asked my CDC an she said i shpuld expect to only lose around 7lbs once i start going up steps. I just need tp decode wen to do that really. No worries of me goin underweight lol. X

I've been thinking long and hard about the steps and my CDC and I have agreed that I'll go to step 3 (1000Kcal) when I have a stone left to lose. I'll stay there until I reach my goal and then work through the rest of the steps. I plan to up my exercise during this stage.

I think your best bet is to play it by ear and see how you get on.

I think once you get into the normal BMI range, you'll have to come off SS or SS+ and move onto 810.

Once you start eating carbs (step 3 I think) you'll start to replenish your glycogen stores in the liver which will mean some weight gain, but by maintaining a low calorie intake (1000 per day) you can stay the same weight or even continue to lose weight, albeit more slowly.

I'm on 810 at the moment and plan to move onto step 3 when I hit my target weight of 70kg. Can't wait- I'm 79kg now, hurry up and move fat!!! X

Back