Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Moving up the steps question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emmapetty, 30 September 2009 Social URL.

1. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi all :) I am currently doing sole sorce and I am about 3.5 stone from my goal weight :) I was thinking of starting to move up the steps when I am 1 stone away from goal - does this seem sensible and realistic? Also, when I do start moving up the steps how long do I stay on each step for? I was thinking 810 - 2 weeks, 1000 - 2 weeks, 1200 - 2-4 weeks, then 1500 maintenence. Is this correct? My CDC is really lovely but often seems to let me make my own choices when it comes to moving up the steps. I just feel as though I could really do with some direction and advice for moving up the steps. Thanks in advance x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmapetty

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Just bumping this up - I need help!!!

4. LV30

LV30 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.68%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Hiya Emma

I'm doing my last week of sole source plus and then moving up the steps. I'm currently 11.2 and i would like to get to 10stone and be maintaining by Christmas. I think if I start now, I should probably be where I want to be by then.

I did suggest to my counsellor about moving up last week - but I had stayed the same and she suggested another week at SS+ and then to move.

I feel I need to do it now - I wasn't particulary good last week, hence my STS... but I don't want to jeopardise all this hard work by trying to stick at SS+ when i'm beginning to struggle with it.

Have a good chat with you counsellor - and I'm sure other counsellors on here will be able to help you too!!

Lynne
    x

5. pebble83

pebble83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    Hey chicken , soz im not much help as im no where near where u are but does it say anything in your cambridge books you were given when u started??? hth xxx

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I tend to find it works better if people get closer to goal on 810...say within 7lbs, then moving up at 2 weeks a plan. When you go up, weight loss tends to be rather more erratic, plus it can be harder because of lack of ketosis, motivation etc.

It's easier to put on a little, than to take it off and I hate seeing people hang around for months trying to get rid of the last 3 or 4lbs.:break_diet:

7. Kimberleyski

Kimberleyski Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep as KD said - this is how I am doing it as I have just started working up the steps.......

Currently 9lbs away from BMI 25 - Now on SS+ I will be on this until I reach BMI 25
    BMI 25 - Will start on 810 and stay on this until I get to goal.

My ticker says my goal is BMI 25 but this is only because I have no idea what I want my goal to be so am going to wait until I feel happy.

Once I am down to where I want to be I will work my way up the rest of the plans 2 weeks at a time. This means less pressure to lose any weight on the higher plans as I will already be at my goal weight.

Hopefully everything is going to go to plan.......

8. emmapetty

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Thanks Kd. I may take your advice and ss until I'm a stone away from goal (as planned) then 810 until I'm at goal, then hopefully I can move up the steps without a worry! Thanks for your much needed help :):):)Hugs x x x

9. emmapetty

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Just been looking through my yellow book, and it's an old one I think, there is no 810, it's 790. So on my weigh in on Friday I'm going to ask my CDC if there is an 'updated' version. Hugs x x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.