Mrs R's Diary: Kicking A***!

WI was a big shock (gained 1.5lbs!!!) but looking back on my diary I guess I predicted some of it...

Today wasn't bad but I didn't eat enough early on so ate like a horse tonight. All within plan but still worried so much food in the evening might affect WI tomorrow morning. I guess we'll see...

I was bloated and stuffed. I do think I graze much more on red and green, I just don't feel as satisfied as I do on EE somehow, even though I'm not eating more on EE. Obviously two days off plan helped too...:rolleyes:

I'm gutted with the result, and have seriously been reconsidering SW - I really wanted to drop a stone by 1st September, and that is now highly unlikely with just under 4 weeks and 9.5lbs to go. But, that said, I think I know where I went wrong, and spoke to my consultant too. Here it is:

- Treating it like a diet with a post weigh in treat last week that took me off track for two days
- Trying to make up for my two days off plan by doing red and green days, no syns and lots of exercise, which had the effect of making me feel deprived, and bloating me out on chickpeas and beans whilst not eating any "real" carbs (pasta, rice etc.) which satisfy me much more.
- Eating too late in the evening before WI (and eating a lot).

So, this week I'm going to stick to EE, and have my syns and enjoy. I want to relax more on it. If I can score a 3.5lb weight loss, then I'll be on target at 2lbs a week, and if I can't then I'll be happy with any weight loss.

I do love the plan and see it as a permanent lifestyle change, but need to lose weight on it.

I know I can do this!

So here's my food diary for yesterday:

Exercise: 2 miles hill prog on treadmill 20 mins
Shred DVD L1 25 mins

Water: 3L

Food:

B: FF Activia, banana, apple
L: (out and about) Spicy bean wrap and and soya latte from costa (HeA and 16 syns)
D: Salmon fillet, baked potato, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, sweetcorn (dressed with lemon juice & pepper)
Snacks: 1/2 grapefruit, Hifi bar (HeB), FF yoghurt

Despite going slightly over my syns (16 total), I felt it was a good day, SW-wise.

And today (EE)

Exercise: None (apart from walking around with the kids, over 10,000 steps)

B: 1/2 grapefruit, Readybrek (28g, HeB), 150ml skimmed milk (1/2 HeA)

S: Big piece of chocolate cake (25 syns - oops!)

L: 1/2 mugshot with 1/2 chicken breast, 3 mushrooms and a raw carrot

S: Banana

D: Steak (yum!) with 1/2 cup brown rice, and assorted stirfried veg
FF yoghurt with blueberries

Syns: 25!!!

Would have been an exemplary day if not for the chocolate cake!

Last edited:
Another good day today :)

Two non scale victories - I managed full press ups (well mostly, didn't go all the way down on some) doing the Shred DVD, whereas previously I've been modifying, and I had a FAB 7 mile run. First run outside for a week (done lots on the treadmill but no-one to look after the kids), and I felt a bit shoddy at first, but by 4 miles I felt good and by 6 I was flying! I could have gone on too (but had already exceeded my babysitting time limit!). I felt stronger and a bit faster. All the exercise I'm doing is definitely having an impact - yay! Even if I'm not seeing it on the scales.

So here's todays. Extra Easy again:

Exercise: Shred level 2 (25 mins)
7 mile run with dog (1h12 mins)
(and about an hour and a half cleaning too)

B: Banana, blueberries, FF yoghurt

L: Wholewheat pasta, mixed with 2 laughing cow light, 1/2 can tuna and lots of veg, and a corn on the cob (syns: 3)

S: Soya latte (HeA), pre-run banana

D: Steak, 6 new potatoes, sugar snap peas, 1/2 corn on cob, broccoli
HiFi bar (HeB)

Total syns: 3 (makes up for yesterday)

Well done! You're doing fab. & a 6lb loss in less than 3 weeks is fab!

Right, I appear to have missed a couple of days (been on here but not on the diary stuff, so time for a catch up. Girls are now with their dad, so I've got lots more time to exercise (although obviously I should be working - but I'll start that on Monday :) )

Yesterday, saturday, went like this:

Extra easy

Exercise: 6 mile run, Shred Level 3 (25 mins)
Run felt tough as still had Friday's 7 miler in my legs, but pleased I did it.

B: Porridge, 1/2 banana, 1/2 grapefruit, handful of raspberries (HeB)
S: 1/2 bag mini pretzels (2 syns)
L: Frittata made with lots of veg (onion, courgette, carrot, pepper), new potatoes and 3 eggs
S: Mixed salad, cottage cheese, velvet crunch crisps (used to scoop up cottage cheese, yummy!) (4 syns)
Soya latte (HeA)
D: Chicken curry (made with spinach, tomatoes, courgette, onion, chicken breast and curry paste), brown rice (3 syns for curry paste)
S: FF Yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries and 15g Green & Black choccie bar (4.5 syns)

Total: 13.5 syns (trying to keep my syns up because of the running and so I can have something to cut when I cut down my running)

Sunday:

4 mile run
L1 of the Shred DVD (25 mins)

B: FF Yoghurt, banana, raspberries
L: 2 ryvita, 1 laughing cow light, tinned mackerel, sweetcorn, a little left over frittata (1 egg, veg), and mixed side salad (1.5 syns for laughing cow light, 1/2 HeB)
S: Soya latte (HeA)
D: Chicken curry and brown rice, 3 syns for curry paste
S: Hungry in eve so had 2 ryvita (other half HeB) with cottage cheese, half a grapefruit, small packet chocolate buttons (8.5 syns)

Went to a camping superstore today - haven't been camping since I was a kid, and was waiting for my girls to get a little older - theyre 4 & 6. Spent a fortune stocking up, but am sooo looking forward to going next weekend!

Last edited:
WOW check you out with all your running!! your doing a fab job and i bet you get a great weight loss next week. thats good idea about keeping your syns up whilst your running a lot, did you used to go running before or is it something that youve just taken up since going on your treadmill? Me and my sister are planning on doing the couch potato to 5k run so weve got as far as downloading the ipod app for it but thats as far as weve got!! so will really need to get working on it x

I've run for years. Tailed off when I had the kids, but has picked up again since Sept last year. Good on distance, not so good on speed :) With running, the trick is not to push yourself to go at a pace you don't feel comfortable with - too many people set out too fast, do a few mins and then quit because its too hard. So start off slowly on your training.

Its a fantastic exercise for weight loss, but as with any exercise, its no good for weight loss alone - you need some sort of food control! I'm proof that exercise alone won't cut it! You burn on average abotu 100kcal per mile, so even a long run of 10 miles is only 1000kcal, which sounds like a lot, but I could eat that in chocolate easily!!!

I'm a complete running addict though...the first thing I bought when my ex left was a treadmill - couldn't run outside (no babysitting!).

Good day exercise wise, but not so good food wise. Went out for dinner. I made wise choices (salad nicoise, no dressing), only had 2 glasses wine, but did have treacle tart and icecream for pudding and it was yummy! I had to stop myself doing more exercise afterwards (was going to go for a brisk walk), because I don't want to turn this into a break the diet then purge thing - its not good, and something I've done too often in the past. I'm happy with the odd indulgence as long as its only on occasion!

Exercise: 6 mile run (tough going, tired as I haven't had a day off for a while), L2 of the shred (25 mins)

Food:

S: Pre run banana
B: SW cooked breakfast: 2 quorn sausages, 1 egg, small can of beans, cooked onion and mushrooms, 2 slices toast (HeB)
L: 2 chicken drumsticks (without skin), melon slices, bag of pretzels (4 syns), skinny latte (HeA)
S: Cherries
D: At restaurant: salad nicoise, no dressing, made with fresh tuna (2 syns for oil), olives (1 syn), egg, new potatoes, lettuce etc.,
2 glasses wine (12 syns)
Treacle tart and icecream (approx 24 syns)

Total synage: 43 !!! Oh well. But WI is only a day away so better behave myself tomorrow!

An extra easy day today. Went okay, with a definite boost when 2 people commented on my weight loss! Yay!!!

Exercise: 8 mile run (1hr 25mins), felt goooood. :) It was drizzling, my fave running weather. And I'm sure I was boosted by the treacle tart I had last night for pud :)
L3 of the Shred (25 mins)

B: Bran flakes (HeB) & milk (1/3 HeA), 1/2 grapefruit
S: FF yoghurt with raspberries
L: 2 chicken drumsticks, fruit salad, small packet pretzels (4 syns)
S: Latte (HeA + 2 syns)
D: Jacket spud, homemade chilli with lots of veg in, and carrots on the side
S: At the cinema, very restrained because of WI tomorrow, cherries and coke zero

Total syns: 6

WI tomorrow...am feeling positive because I've been able to exercise a lot and I can see the difference. Fingers crossed...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D big grins all for you mrs R thats fantastic news, all that exercise definetly paying off:D

Yesterday went well until the evening. Ran 4 miles, did L1 of the Shred.

Kinda buggered it up a bit last night by having popcorn at the cinema followed by a bigmac and fries :( Part of it was because I didn't eat enough yeasterday, and partly because of weigh in. I know that that's not a good reason to pig out...

Damage limitation for today only, then back to usual.

4 mile run (hilly) followed by Level 2 of the Shred. Only one more outside running day left. I'll do my favourite route tomorrow morning.

awh never mind about the popcorn and mcdonalds incident just put it in the past and move on, your bound to work it off with all your running. im so impressed that you can run 4 miles that seems like forever to me lol well done you!

hiya Mrs R hope everything is ok havnt heard from you in a few days ((hugs))

Back