Mrs Tommos diary! Back on plan!

mrs_tommo

Ive been on here no time at all but been dieting 8 years of my life and at 29 im fed up now of dieting all the time on and off and loosing a bit of weight then piling it and then some~time to pull my head out and get on with it.

So been doing slimming world - and its my third weigh in tomorrow and a bit worried as i had a binge on a box of maltears last night and believe me regretted it as soon as I did it!

But will see what happens, ive gone from 17.7 to 17.3 - had a sneaky wi this morning. l wont be happy if I sts but cant be helped with me acting the prat and eating crap!

Been very healthy today and had an ee day and not a treat in sight!

Last edited:
Hi Mrs Tommos, Know that feeling of seemingly continually dieting but that's a fact that some of us have to adopt as a matter of course for a lifetime I'm afraid! Wait till you get to my age (78) I've been dieting since I was 14! Trouble is it's soo easy to put the weight straight back on again, isn't it?
Try not to be soo hard on yourself and just treat a minor "binge" as a blip and not a complete failure... always tomorrow plus it's often not as bad as it appears to be. Sometimes a wee diversion knocks the metabolism into gear agin and helps you to lose more the next week.
Hope the WI went well.
Take care.

Well weigh in day was thursday and I put on that pound and a half again. Not a great day yesterday as I had no shopping in and had no time to get any either. But its saturday and im not wasting the weekend eating crap so back on the wagon and off shopping today but butchers first as im going to carry on with red days. Love the extra Hex compared to EE.

Not feeling determined but not giving up either. Ive got 6-7 tones to lose in 9 months and thats pretty daunting but i know it can be done so I gotta do it.

Sorry ive not been around. Ive a lot going on at the moment, all of it stressful! Could really do with the support right now.

Problem one, cars gone wrong - the who exhaust system needs replacing and as its a big car its expensive. The system alone is 150 pounds, thats without fitting it. This close to christmas its a nightmare I could do without. Its had a good patch up job done for now and that will have to do.

The next one is that im seeing a councillor on thursday and im scared, nervous, more about exposing myself a ive kept myself a closed book for a few years now. But I know I need to go as I have some serious deep seated issues, and I cant move on until ive found out whats causing them - I think weights related to it as well.

Needless to say diets gone out of the window since I booked the appointment yesterday, im going to have a decent dinner though so im doing chicken breast, roasties and tons of veg for me later.

Not had lunch but might just be something quick like a sandwich.

How do you cope with slimming when you have so much going on???

Im sorry to hear about the bad times your having :-( must be horrible, but once you get the counseling and get evrything of your chest it will do you the world of good! Im in awe of you carrying on with SW whilst all this is going on, i couldnt do it! But thats why this site is great cos you get that "me" time to speak with people doing the same as you,and everyone will be there to give you support :) good luck and try your best to keep on smiling! :) xxx

Am going to get back on track tonight, have just had a lovely bowl of smash and beans and have chicken, roasties, sweetcorn and carrots all cooking as well for tea.

Back on plan, cant let life keep getting in the way and keep making excuses. So just had mushrooms, bacon, scrambled egg (was a bit hmm actually) sometimes i dont react to scrambled egg well but it was breakfast! And it was free pretty much apart from the bit of flora cusine I used on the mushrooms - they never seem to cook as nice with fry light.

Bacon
Eggs
Mushrooms
milk - hex a
Toast - hex b
Ketchup - 1 syn

Hey Mrs_tommo.

Good luck on your journey. I recently rejoined SW for about the zillionth time a few months ago so I know what it's like to feel like you're never going to succeed. I'm in this for the long haul, lost 2 stone so far and got another 6 and a half stone to go :(. We can do this. I'll support you through your journey. I'm going through counselling myself just now. It was scary going at first but it's through going there that I finally decided to do something about my weight. Good luck for your appointment tomorrow.

xx

Aww thanks tootyfrooty - we sound very similliar in lots of ways - all ive done is done loads of restart but ive got to do it now - or the cycle will just keep repeating itself.

My councelling sesh is tomorrow and im not half as nervous as I was when I wrote that post but a bit on egde? Im going round to a friends tonight - have a laugh, a sneaky fag! Im a social smoker and I havent told my hubby whoops!!!!

Had a good afternoon - made myself get the boys ready and into the car to go to the farm shop and buy a load of veg. For anyone that dont know I have 4 children. The older ones are at school and my youngest Riley 2 and Senna 9 months are at home with me and I dread going out as its so much hassle. So for me to force myself out was pretty good for me! But veg purchased and I cooked some lovely leek and potato soup free in syns. And then had a baked potato with some clover light and ham - so 3 syns for butter, I prefer flora extra light but run out of that.

May have some more soup later as it was yummy but better go and make hubbys dinner before he gets in from work!

Hope you enjoy your evening at your friends and your sneaky puff. Don't worry....your secrets safe with me!! ;-)

Glad you're not feeling as nervous about your session tomorrow. If you're anything like me you'll open up the floodgates and just spill out all the things that are going on with you. Hope it goes well.

Your soup sounds lovely. I make a pot of soup every couple of days. It's great for these cold days......brrrrrr. Well done on getting out the house. I've got two young boys myself, ages 2 and 4 so I know what a hassle it can be to get out with them.

Take care xx

Got councilling today, nervous again. Not helped by the fact I cannot have breakfast until i get back either isn't going to help. Lots of tea is going to be washed down in the meantime! I just cannot cook a breakfast time time and cereal takes away the rest of my healthy a which I use for tea.

Long morning ahead but can do it and think a sneaky fag on will be needed!!!

Good luck today. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on xx

Hi guys back, went really well, like my councillor, shes really nice. Got a lot out in 3/4 spent 15 mins trying to find out where she lived! But went well and thats all I can hope for. I didnt feel any different when I left but it was good to talk about me! I know I definitely made the right decision. I really hope I find some peace of mind one day but for now ive got a great husband, 4 great kids and a eating plan to stick to, to make my life better and after not having any breakfast yet im tarving - bacon and egg sandwich coming up!

300mls arla % milk - HEX A
Hovis 400g x 2 - HEX B

Egg - free
Bacon - free
Leek and potatoe soup x 2 bowls, free

Clover light - 1 syn
sugars half spoon - 3.5
Bread with clover light - 3.5

Last edited:
Morning girls

Decided to make Friday my weigh in day and to my total surprise the scales said 17.2! 2 days of keeping to plan and was ee as well I've lost weight!

So pleased I made a cooked breakfast and making some more soup shortly as soup is so great and handy for snacking on. While I made my lunch yesterday I heated up some leek and potato soup and was yummy.

Doing this on my HTC so will come on lappy and adjust my ticker. So happy!!!

2lbs lost!!!!

Last edited:
Back