muffin recipes

Try this one copied from recipe thread...

Microwave 'muffins' (also Attack and Conso)

Jo suggested I post my muffin recipe - it's actually just a version of my bread recipe but as it's in the microwave I can make them daily as required.

**check your Oatbran quantities** the ones given here are for 1 day's portion on Cruise / Conso

• 1 TB wheat bran
  • 2 TB oat bran
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 TB Quark/Fromfrais
  • 1 or 2 TB yoghurt
  • 1 TS baking powder
  • Flavouring

Mix well, it should be gloopy but not liquid and distribute into 8 silicone cupcake/muffin cases. Arrange in a circle on the turntable and microwave on high for ~4min.

Turn out quickly onto wire rack (they are steaming) and give time to cool. The longer you leave them out the drier they get - I prefer mine quite moist... Quite a spongey texture.

Flavouring:
Sweet: scant TB sweetener, in addition if liked: a sprinkling of cinnamon, 1/2 ts of vanilla essence. You can also use vanilla or toffee yoghurt for 'built in' flavouring.

Savoury: a tiny pinch of salt (or they are too bland), and I like fresh chives in them.

I have to add that I usually have them sweet, and eat them at coffee time when everyone else is tucking into cakes and biscuits.

they are also nice split in half and spread with Quark, or Philly EL etc, whatever you fancy.

To bake in the oven: Bake 15 mins at 180C Fan​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

Or this one from Ellie1969......(2 days worth-check your oat bran quantities )

my recipe is,

4 tbsp of oatbran
2 tbsp of wheatbran
3tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
5 tbsp yoghurt
and whatever flavouring you fancy

i usually just bung everything in the bowl and whisk then put into a 6 mould silicone muffin tin bake at 200 for 20 mins

mines have been pretty fool proof so far lol... i usually make various flavoured ones and swap them around... PV days i add rhubarb or grated carrots with mixed spice cinnamon etc ;)

Back