Muffin tops and people who cant dress for their shape

Skinnybitch

Another one I am not sure where to put.

I have lost count of the amount of morbidly obese people have seen shopping in the supermarket.

My question is why do some women choose to have their huge fat bellies hanging over their waist bands - even under tops - you can still see it wobbling you know? DO they not realise this looks gross? Also 'muffin tops' are everywhere. Come on get a pair of trousers/skirt that fits, stop thinking you are a size 14 when you are a 16. The rolls of flab hanging over your jeans look disgusting.

Dont get me wrong a stick insect in hot pants and a bra top is just as vile as a morbidly obese person in hot pants and a bra top.

Us ladies DO NOT want to see your flesh bulging out of your clothes.

There are plently of ranges out their for us bigger ladies so use your brain and cover up. I do not want to see fat stomachs wobbling down the isle with purple stretch marks for all to see. EEwww

Sometimes I do wonder "is that a pregnant belly" or a "fat belly" - most of the time it is a FAT BELLY.

Was discussing this yesterday with my colleague. We are both big girls and were shocked at how some mum's dressed at parents evening the other night. One mum turned up in an almost see through top with no bra. Huge hanging boobs and a see through top. Not a good look.

I know what you mean. Saw a younger girl a few weeks ago who had obviously just had a baby, she was a very big girl, wearing a crop top, too tight jeans, had a massive overhang and the stretch marks were grim.

I really felt like going up to her and saying do you not know how stupid you look but each to their own and all that lol!

i am a big fan of people having their own style, even if i don't like it, but it does make me grimace when fat people wear thin clothes. there's every opportunity to be fashionable if that's your gig, but skinny jeans on a size 22 just isn't meant to be!! the belly hanging over the belt but poking out from under the short top just isn't a good look!!

abz xx

i worked at leeds uni for a couple of years. you would not believe how hideous young attractive people can make themselves look with a lot of time and effort!!

abz xx

Maybe its a new trend we are not aware of yet.lol. I saw loads yesterday too. Off to Morrisons this morning and I am going to count them. HA

I have to say***steps onto soapbox***,this would never have happened in my day,when hipsters were not really invented and your jeans came up nearly under your armpits.My Mother who is in her 70s thinks wearing trousers is not quite ladylike (she did once buy a pair on a short break to Amsterdam with me,but never wore them again when she got home).:D

i've got the opposite problem now though, still wear loose clothes even though lost weight.......boyfriend taken to calling me 'baggy arse'......need new wardrobe lol x

This thread is quite shocking and I'm a little sad really.

No wonder people with weight issues have such a complex and such little self esteem.

Some people have body shapes that means whatever they wear they will have a 'muffin top', ie apple shapes.

I've very much an hourglass and I wear correct fitting clothes and I still look dodgy and wobbly. I'm very aware that I look ugly.

Not a single person is perfect and regardless of what they wear they don't deserve to be taken the piss out of.

it isn't body shape we are taking the piss out of hon. or people looking a bit wobbly. god. i'm great at it. it's more the people that swagger about thinking they are 'all that' and you just think 'what are you doing?'

people can look fantastic, regardless of body shape. if clothes don't fit well that's one thing. but squishing yourself into something that's obviously a size or two small because you won't buy a size bigger is different i think.

sorry if we upset you bex.

abz xx

Lol oh it wasn't for the muffin tops eh... I have an apple shape and today i'm wearing a pair of size 18 jeans, much too big, hitched up with a belt and i STILL have muffin top. I do with most trousers unless theyre high waisted, which is a bit pants since I don't like them.

One thing that does offend me...girls with humungous breasts who feel the need to step outside without a bra. I really don't want to see that. Mine are quite big and are safely tucked away! lol...

Not upset at all Abz, just incredulous to the fact that people can slate other people based on how they look, when most of the people who use this forum have a weight issue. It just feels a bit hypocritical to me.

So what if someone doesn't look that nice in what they're wearing if its making them feel confident about themselves then thats fair enough.

I just don't feel its necessary or fair to judge people just because they don't share your views or values.

If it's that unpleasant, don't look at them! They aren't doing any harm to anyone.

This thread is quite shocking and I'm a little sad really.

No wonder people with weight issues have such a complex and such little self esteem.

Some people have body shapes that means whatever they wear they will have a 'muffin top', ie apple shapes.

I've very much an hourglass and I wear correct fitting clothes and I still look dodgy and wobbly. I'm very aware that I look ugly.

Not a single person is perfect and regardless of what they wear they don't deserve to be taken the piss out of.
i dont think we are talking about people who are overweight and have wobbly bits here because that is the majority of us and i have to say i am proud of my wobbly bits but i wouldnt show them off in clothes that dont fit me properly but maybe thats just me. i dont think anyone is being nasty we all have freedom of speech xx

Fair comment Ang!

However,

i dont think we are talking about people who are overweight

Yes, the OP stated in her opening sentence 'morbidly obese people', so I'm led to believe that this thread is 'fat bashing' and solely based on derogatory comments about people who are large and should not be wearing clothes that don't fit or whatever.

i dont think anyone is being nasty we all have freedom of speech xx

Yes! You're absolutely right everyone has freedom of speech, but when it's malicious or plain right nasty then I think that freedom should be taken away.

Other side of the coin, don't you think that people who want to dress a certain way also have freedom of speech?

Works both ways.

I just think this whole thread is completely uncalled for, but thats just my freedom of speech and opinion I guess. I've been taught to treat others as I'd like to be treated myself, and I don't feel its fair to ***** about people like this.

x x x x

Hi all,

When I read the first post to this thread I was a little bit put off by how blunt the post was. However a thread that could have taken quite a nasty route has become an interesting light hearted one.

I personally do not feel that it is bitchy or piss taking, yes people should be able to wear what they like without prejudice but I feel the underlying point people are making is clothes are now avaliable in so many sizes and all fashionable so whether you are a size 10 or size 20 why try and squeeze yourself into a smaller size coz a nice outfit in the wrong size is not a good look.

I feel some of the earlier comments may have been more to dis belief than bitchyness, I know how long I take making sure all bits are covered and tucked in and take my self conciousness out on other people, just need ti realise that just because I would be uncomfortable dressed like that ie, low trousers high tops, doesn't mean everyone should be.

it has nothing to do with size!! working at the uni you would not believe what skinny people were squeezing themselves into!! because of the large range of sizes even squeeny people can find 'that size smaller'. i did really embarrass myself one day by ogling a customer's cleavage. i couldn't help it. it wasn't just cleavage. she basically had her boobs on my desk!!

then there were the ones that came in in their pyjamas... the big rabbit incident and the girl who wore a mini skirt and i could see the crotch of her tights below the bottom of her skirt :D she was a strutter hair flipper eyes batting at the boys type too :D oops :D

abz xx

Back