muffinPrincess's Diary

HI all

Its my first day, going to have my third shake after I write this. Does the taste get better, because they are awful at the moment? I am drinking lots of water, which of course means frequent visits to the loo! I really can't wait for the first week to be over. I am dreading tomorrow because I have a feeling it will be worst. I've got about 120lbs to lose, so quite a lot, I hope I can stick to it.

Hello and welcome Princess! The first few days are not nice but please push past them and get to your first weigh in it will be worth it. It does get better ........... good luck huni xx

Hiya muffin.. Sorry, i can't be calling you that on this diet!! lol.. So princess it is!! lol

Good luck with your journey... The first few days, possibly until your weigh in will be a huge struggle.. But, get past that and you have done the worst of it, i promise...

The best things to always get you through (especially week 1) is loads of water, and this forum...

There are lots of (legitimate) ways people have their shakes.. eg with peppermint tea, coffee etc... It really is a case of working out what suits you.. I personally put bottles of water in the freezer, shake them regularly so they don't fully freeze, and when they are like slush i shake the icy bits out and make a slush puppy.. That is the only way i can do it...
Believe it or not, you do actually grow accustomed to the taste of the shakes and (to me anyway) they really are not that bad, but i can see that some might get bored with the lack of variety.

Hope that helps hun... Please use the people on here.. it makes such a difference x x

ahhhh, thanks guys, its so great to hear some encouragement.

Sorry for the name, I guess I should have used something different, but its what the OH calls me lol

I've just had my first chicken soup, much better than I expected and much better than the shakes in my opinion. The pharmasist said they were the least popular and only gave me one. Now I have eaten it I have none left and I am not looking forward to 3 of those horrible shakes tomorrow.

Why wasn't I offered the flapjacks? I'd much rather one of thos instead of a shake.

Will see what tomorrow brings....

The crapjacks are an acquired taste too!!! lol

As you have only just started could you not ask your pharmacist to swap what you don't want.. I know some places do and others don't but it won't hurt to ask x x

Best of luck, Princess! I'm on day 8 and feeling a little more positive. Losing eight and a half pounds helps focus the mind!

Well done Slaney. I hope I can lose the same.

I feel funny everyone calling me Princess, sounds weird, you can call me MP maybe?

I thought today was going to be awful and I would feel ill. But so far so good, had a slight headache when woke up but plenty of water has sorted that out.

I've had one choc shake today so far, I made it into the moouse (how do you spell that) it was awful. I know you are supposed to eat within 15 mins of making, but it took me over half an hour!

So I am off to pharmacy to see if I can exchange them for the soup.

Tomorrow will be the real test, it'll be my first day in work on the diet...........

I don't believe it, thought I would phone pharmacy to check about swapping the shakes first, they said they won't. I got off the phone and burst into tears. I still have 16 shakes, they are so horrible I don't think I can do it now without the soup. I might have to come off it, I don't know what to do. I was going to be really focussed, but I can't take 6 more days of those vile shakes........

Crisis averted.......after blowing my nose, went to pharmacy and spoke to nice lady who exchanged the shakes and also gave me 2 flapjacks to try. Feeling better now.

Day 3.......ok I am struggling, work was ok until everyone was eating at their desks and someone had brought sweets in. First soup was ok, but second soup I had made me feel ill. I felt like I couldn't face any more liquid inside me. It has subsided now, I feel hungry, but I don't think I can face theat last soup of the day, and soup 3 times tomorrow makes me feel sick too. I keep thinking about food and what I am missing out on.

Although on a positive note OH said how wonderful i was doing and he was proud of me. It just seems like such an upward struggle and such a long way to go. One day at a time.

Hi. You are doing so well. My first 4 days were really hard and I couldn't stomach the shakes at first. I hate the soup and the flapjacks taste like the sole of a shoe but I stuck it out and now I love the chocolate shake. If I didn't log on here and chat away to myself in my diary I would have given up so keep coming here.
Don't think about your total loss or how long you can last - only think about getting through one day - the best bit of advice anyone gave me. It always feels better in the morning. x

thanks monach........

Day 4........am I boring everyone? Sorry if I am. It's been a mixed day really. Some weak moments, like when someone opened a big box of thorntons chocolates in work!

Luckily a colleague in work is on the same diet so was resisting too. He has lost so much weight on this, and it was James that inspired me to do this myself. He has been really encouraging, but I was a bit dispondent when he said he only has 6 weeks left on diet, and I was thinking I have about 6 months! He said the time flies by, easy for him to say when he has lost over 9 stone already!

Anyway, managed to get first chicken soup into me on my first break in work (as I don't get up early enough for breakfast) then couldn't face second soup until I got home at 6:30pm. I only just got it down me, was so hard, but I still have one more soup to go. Its 9pm, I really don't want it, but I'll have to force myself.

I don't know how I will face 3 soups tomorrow again. Next time at pharmacy I am gonna ask for mostly flapjacks, they seem easier to eat.

MP. . . Well done! The worst is over now; honest. The best part is your weigh in and you'll have such a loss that it will motivate you to keep going. You'll soon be on automatic pilot. I'm lucky that I quite like all the shakes and the soup. It's the flapjacks that I can't stomach. And aren't you lucky to have an understanding OH. Best of luck. When do you have your first weigh-in?

MP can you not stomach the shakes in any shape of form? Have you tried all the variations that people suggest on here? With a diet of crap jacks you may as well be a hamster eating cardboard! X

Hello :) Not been about for a few days, and sorry to read you're having a bit of a tough first week :( The first bit is really hard going, but to hate most of the LT products definitely doesn't help, and I do feel for you. I quite like the flapjacks too, but I think recommendation is only one a day (could be wrong mind!).

I think the longing for food and what you're missing out on is all part of breaking the addiction. It most definitely was (is) for me. It can be so very hard at times. Keep focussing on why you want to do this diet though and how miserable the excess weight makes you. It's not a good quality of life at such a high weight. I know that first hand. Think of these shakes/soups/flapjacks as medicine.Medicine that will get the weight off you and most likely give you years more of quality life. Mix them up and get them down you and forget about them. Distract yourself away from food thoughts and start the healing process. I know it's all easier said than done, but losing such a large amount of weight is tough. You have to fight hard for it!

Good luck! I'm fighting my own fight along side you ;)

xx

Hi
Have you tried crushing some tablet sweetners and adding them? I find this really makes a difference to the taste. Also cold peppermint tea with choc shake and teasp coffee to the vanilla.
You are doing great, keep it up and you will see the results :)
Emma x

awww thanks guys it was so nice to read all your support. I meant to come here everyday, but I felt so tired after work the last 2 nights. Anyway, I am feeling much better now, first week is over. I had my first weigh in and its made it all worth while, a massive (well I thought it was) 12 lbs loss.

I am on flapjacks only now, soup was making me feel ill after eating it for about 2 hours, then fine until next one. It also made my tongue feel and look awful! The flapjacks are dry yes, but eaten with plenty of water they are bareable.

I still find the thought of all the weeks ahead really daunting, but I have got to learn to take a day at a time. I just hope todays motivation keeps me going until the next weigh in!

Day 8 - These flapjacks are starting to taste quite nice lol

Can anyone help, I am trying to edit my details to show how much weight I lost, the ones on the side, but everytime I click on my name it says I don't have permission, seems strange, I know you get more priviledges as you go along, but its been over a week and I can't update my weight loss, any ideas??

Back