• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Muffins

m-mouse

Not very good at this!
S: 15st8lb C: 10st12lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 4st10lb(30.28%)
They are simple, oatbran, a bit of yoghurt, sweetener and an egg.
Have a read through the recipe thread for some examples. They are fine just made with oatbran.

Topaz63

Gone a bit quiet
S: 12st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st9lb(13.14%)
don't forget the raising agent, Daisy! Jo's right, look up the threads for this.

S: 12st9lb C: 12st2lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 0st7lb(3.95%)
Muffins! ingredients help

Hi... I was going to make these today and realised I had missed the fact I need skimmed milk powder! Has anyone made them witm proper milk instead? Also, if I only use oat bran (as I cannot find wheathbran) do I have to reduce the other ingradients? x

Topaz63

Gone a bit quiet
S: 12st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st9lb(13.14%)
I never use milk powder in mine. And oatbran on its own should be fine. I got some nice wheatbran from the Dukan shop by mailorder. It was cheap and a lot, so after several weeks I'm only half way through it. I add just a little more baking powder than in the recipe, use a mixture of yogurt, quark and milk. I also got a nice result by separating the eggs and beating them up to a soft peak stage then cutting into the rest of the mix gently with a metal spoon. this was suggested somewhere on the threads and it seems to be good.
the other ingredients are fairly flexible anyway, so I just use a good tablespoon or so of the quark and yogurt.