Muffins

tracey001

Back again!!
Hi everyone,

Its my little girls birthday today and I am going to try and make some muffins for me and hubby to have when the kids have some birthday cake. Anyone got any tips and are they worth making......what do they taste like etc......

I tried one once-was gross...chewy and flat-more like a cookie but bitter. Think I over done it in the microwave. I want to try again tho. I always imagined it to rise up into a proper muffin so maybe Ive just got to try it more....

I would say they are definately worth making, i love them!
The way i do it is without sweetner, as i think they taste just as nice without.
I empty a packet into a ramakin (a small pot would do) and add just enough water to make a very, very claggy paste. When i do this, it looks like a big blob of mess, no smoothness or liquid consistancy.
You will look at it and go, "never, thats got to be too thick!" (keep the faith!).
Bung in microwave. mine is 800W and i do my muffin for approx 1 min 20 seconds, take out-carefully cos hot hot hot- and leave it a few seconds, run your spoon around the pot to get it out and there you go!
Seriously, it will be flippin' hot.
Best of luck and take a look at what other people suggest but this is how i do mine and they come out delish! x

Yes, mine do look like a proper muffin! You can break pieces off it and savour....mmmmmmm x

mine do. Not trying to big myself up as the next Nigella or anything but they do work x

I would say they are definately worth making, i love them!
The way i do it is without sweetner, as i think they taste just as nice without.
I empty a packet into a ramakin (a small pot would do) and add just enough water to make a very, very claggy paste. When i do this, it looks like a big blob of mess, no smoothness or liquid consistancy.
You will look at it and go, "never, thats got to be too thick!" (keep the faith!).
Bung in microwave. mine is 800W and i do my muffin for approx 1 min 20 seconds, take out-carefully cos hot hot hot- and leave it a few seconds, run your spoon around the pot to get it out and there you go!
Seriously, it will be flippin' hot.
Best of luck and take a look at what other people suggest but this is how i do mine and they come out delish! x
I just tried making it like this and it actually worked so I could eat it,I have never been able to make these but your description was brilliant well done thank you
xx

Ok, I'm going to give it a try tonight. Thanks

Can you use strawberry shake to make these?
I've only got a stawberry one this week...just wondering whether it would be like a strawberry cake type thing?

Can you use strawberry shake to make these?
I've only got a stawberry one this week...just wondering whether it would be like a strawberry cake type thing?

Just for the record, you aren't supposed to cook any of the packs except for the porridge. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but wasn't sure whether you knew.

Fair one KD!
I cant speak for anyone else but as im on 4 shakes plus milk, im willing to sacrifice one sachet and its nutrients as 3 shakes gives me all the vits i need. Glad the directions worked, I had one for tea lol!
I bet strawberry muffin is lush, all my shakes are choc tho lol.
Might get some different flavours at my weigh in tomorrow x

Fair one KD!
I cant speak for anyone else but as im on 4 shakes plus milk, im willing to sacrifice one sachet and its nutrients as 3 shakes gives me all the vits i need.

Sounds fine to me :cool: As long as folks are having their 3 (or 4 if 5'8" or male) then can't see anything wrong with cooking the extra one :)

Glad you enjoyed :D

Just thought i'd give you an update on how the muffins went down, well they came out ok but were quite small, I think I'll probably keep to the mix a mousse as you get so much more. Also think the bars are nicer too...

I just made mine with mint choc and saved little for a sauce its sorta like a chocolate pud very nice

x

Hello I just tried to make a muffin - twice and to be honest they weren't that nice even though I followed the recipe to a tee. Oh well

Well I just made a strawberry one...and it was nice! I like the fact that it had a bready consistency as I am really missing bread!
Thanks for that one!
Won't do it every day but once in a while it can't harm!

Back