muffins?

crazycrafter

I have collar bones!
anyone got any recipes for low syn muffins. I have a really sweet tooth, and struggle @ weekends when Mum & Dad are eating cakes and I know I shouldn't but...

I'm going to put a Weetabix cake together tonight to bake tomorrow. The recipe looks:drool:

Heres one i found on internet, haven't tried it myself. I do the weetabix cake every week and love it. xxx
The Muffin Recipe makes 8 muffins and they are only 1 1/2 sins each:

Muffins
3 medium eggs
6 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
85g/3 oz wholemeal self raising flour
2 tsp ground mixed spice
170g/ 6 oz grated carrot

Frosting
113g/4oz quark
1 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180 (C)/350 (F), Gas 4.
2. Line 8 deep muffin tins with paper cases.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and artificial sweetener until pale, thick and frothy - the mixture should be thick enough to hold a trail from the beaters.
4. Sieve in the flour and mixed spice, adding any husks that remain behind in the sieve. Add the carrot and using a metal spoon, gently fold the ingredients together using a fugure of eight action, taking care not to beat the mixture.
5. Spoon into the muffin cases to fill them and bake for 20 mins until firm and lightly golden. Set aside to cool in the tin.
6. Meanwhile, make the frosting, beat together the three ingredients and chill in the fridge until required.
7. To serve spread some of the frosting over each muffin and sprinkle with a little grated carrot to decorate.

yummy ... and dairy free (if I leave off the quark) so I can feed them to my LO ! thanks for this.

Back