mullerlight in cooking

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by FatGirlSlim81, 8 January 2011 Social URL.

1. FatGirlSlim81

FatGirlSlim81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    can you use muller in baking e.g a cake to sweeten it or will this end up in disaster lol x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. custardlipstick

custardlipstick Addicted to Cheese

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have made the apple betty off the (old) sw website and that uses a muller in it and its REALLY nice! i have heated vanilla ones in the mircrowave to use as "custard" and i have cooked from frais in cookies which is a similar kinda thing and that works!

All i suggest is that it will make the mixtured very runny so will have to some how compensate for this. I have seen recipes with from frais used - ill have to see if i can find one for ya x

4. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've used it in a baked vanilla cheesecake (from Brit Mum's site). It was yum... but that's the only time I have.

5. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    used them regularly in cous cous cakes !

6. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yoghurt would be better used in place of buttermilk, cream or other wet ingredients, rather than to sweeten it. As someone else said, it would make the recipe very wet - obviously it would depend what other ingredients were in there, but to replace the sugar in a recipe, you'd need to add something else to compensate, and that would usually be flour to thicken.

Good luck experimenting though and let us know if you find any great recipes!

7. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    isn't quark the thickener of choice when using yogurt or frais in something?
    A lot of the recipes I see using it has quark mixed in..

8. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Quark wouldn't thicken a cake mixture as there would still need to be more bulk, otherwise the mixture would be too sloppy to bind when it's cooking. It's generally used as a replacement for cream cheese in sw recipes.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.