mullerlight in cooking

I have made the apple betty off the (old) sw website and that uses a muller in it and its REALLY nice! i have heated vanilla ones in the mircrowave to use as "custard" and i have cooked from frais in cookies which is a similar kinda thing and that works!

All i suggest is that it will make the mixtured very runny so will have to some how compensate for this. I have seen recipes with from frais used - ill have to see if i can find one for ya x

I've used it in a baked vanilla cheesecake (from Brit Mum's site). It was yum... but that's the only time I have.

used them regularly in cous cous cakes !

Yoghurt would be better used in place of buttermilk, cream or other wet ingredients, rather than to sweeten it. As someone else said, it would make the recipe very wet - obviously it would depend what other ingredients were in there, but to replace the sugar in a recipe, you'd need to add something else to compensate, and that would usually be flour to thicken.

Good luck experimenting though and let us know if you find any great recipes!

isn't quark the thickener of choice when using yogurt or frais in something?
A lot of the recipes I see using it has quark mixed in..

Quark wouldn't thicken a cake mixture as there would still need to be more bulk, otherwise the mixture would be too sloppy to bind when it's cooking. It's generally used as a replacement for cream cheese in sw recipes.

Back