Mullerlight yoghurts!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funcurls, 29 October 2009.

1. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Hi, I'm new to Slimming World (joined Monday) and new to these forums! I'm a bit confused about how Mullerlight yogurts are free! I've been having a look at the 'Syns calculator' on the SW website and had a go with a few different foods! I tried Mullerlights and entering the nutritional details it said that they are 4.5 syns! I also tried the new large pots of Activia fat free yogs and they come up as 4! Of course I take SW's word for it that they're free :D but just wondered how!!:confused:
  2. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

Just take their word for it and enjoy them ;)

Just remember though the layered ones have a Syn Value.
  3. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Thanks Starlight, you've got a good point! Who am I to question it! I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth!! CONGRATULATIONS on your incredible weight loss of 181lb! Over 12 stone- That's incredible! What an inspiration!
  4. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

when you entered the information into the calculator, did you mention to it the free yoghurt part?
  5. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

You're not the first (and won't be the last) who questions this...but just go with the flow. They'll become a staple in your daily diet and they're very versilities in deserts. Enjoy! :)

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

If you include a free food allowance for the fat free yoghurt the activia ones do come out as free. Can't comment on the mullerlights as I don't eat them.
  7. pinktiger

pinktiger Well-Known Member

When I started I was questioning every thing as I can't understand that Quorn can be eaten in great amounts on Red and GREEN days when it's so high in Protein as I thought that Green days were low protein? As luck has it I can't stand the stuff so just stick to what I like. Is there any difference between Animal and Plant Protein? To me protein is protein and can't see how this works but it does so I just go along with the flow now and just eat what they say I can.
  8. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Quorn is free on green AND red because it's a fungus - so it's a mushroom derivative. And as we all know... mushrooms are (altogether now) SUPERFREE FOOOOOOOD!

And yep, put 'dairy' then 'yogurt' into the calculator when you calculate the value and not 'no free food' and hey presto! Free yoggies!
    pinktiger likes this.
  9. pinktiger

That's why Quorn doesn't agree with me, I'm allergic to mushrooms. Defo no more quorn for me
  10. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Oh wow really?? That's so annoying, especially since Quorn products are so versatile! I'm sorry hun xx
  11. pinktiger

Bless that's ok but better than a trip to the hospital and being ill
  12. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Well-Known Member

Please dont get hung up on the lists..... and then questioning if they are right or wrong. Enjoy whats free and count your syns.. Simplos
    the more you look into the science the gulity you will feel. SW works plain and "Simpols"

Phil x