Multi vitamins rant

oasis6918

Gold Member
I have to take calcium tablets as I'm lactose intolerant, which I only found out last week after weeks of a bad tummy. So one of the mw's at my practice told me to take a multivitamin with calcium even though the baby won't be missing out (I thought this was odd, I'm I'm not having calcium then baby won't) when I asked the pharmacist which one she was not happy the midwife suggested a multi vitamin, she said pregnant women shouldn't take vitamin A and they know that, in some cases it's really dangerous for baby. They told me to see my doctor about it and gave me calcium tablets with vitamins D and K. Just thought I'd share in case any of you ladies take multi vitamins x

You can get lactouse free milk in the big supermarkets or maybe try soya milk...I used soya and it is fortified with calcium.

Good luck on your impending birth with bubs. x x

Thanks, I think I'm going to have to try lactose free as I'm lost without my cereal. Thanks x

I really like soya milk, it makes cups of tea taste like cookies so nice, I always buy strawberry and chocolate cartons too haha LO loves them

Back