Multivitamins

Oh I'd better check mine, I didn't think of that, just carried on taking my usual multivitamin - I'll go and check the label :eek:

Just checked and it doesn't say on the bottle it has any sugar in it, but it doesn't say free from it either :rolleyes: so that's a bit disconcerting.

I takes Boots A-Z with probiotic, so I'm hoping it's ok. Be interested to hear what others have to say on this

I would imagine the amount of sugar in a tablet is negligible? I take either the boots or tesco generic brand. I take the tesco cod liver oil and if I feel a bit sluggish I take coenzyme q10 for energy. I also take a green coffee tablet (when I remember!)

I would imagine the amount of sugar in a tablet is negligible? I take either the boots or tesco generic brand. I take the tesco cod liver oil and if I feel a bit sluggish I take coenzyme q10 for energy. I also take a green coffee tablet (when I remember!)

What's the green coffee tablet for? Not heard of that one x

My osteopath recommended the low carb thing so also said a green coffee extract would help as it apparently limits the amount of carbohydrate your body can absorb so it can't change to glucose and then fat.

My osteopath recommended the low carb thing so also said a green coffee extract would help as it apparently limits the amount of carbohydrate your body can absorb so it can't change to glucose and then fat.

Oh that's interesting thanks for that :)

From a pharmacy site:

Green Coffee Extract contains high levels of active compounds called "chlorogenic acids", and one in particular called "5-caffeoylquinic acid". These chlorogenic acids work by suppressing the amount of glucose that is absorbed in the small intestine. Glucose is used for energy, so if the body cannot use glucose, it turns to other sources, such as fat. The idea is that it helps you to burn more fat by restricting the absorption of glucose. It is advised that to achieve maximum benefit from this supplement, you take it with your daily meal containing the highest levels of glucose.

Yes most vits do have traces of sugar, but they are in such small quantities I wouldn't worry.

i use berocca :D

I think ours is just a generic multi vit from Tesco.

dont forget to top up your vitamin D by sitting in the sunshine (if you have any) - its carb free
Its beautiful here in Wigan, Im just about to walk the dog to top up my free vitamin D

yes, we coulkd do with some sun, it's grey and overcast here at the moment Kirsty.

I need to get a multivitimin actually and some CoEnzyme Q10.

In the Pig2Twig book they mention psyllium husks in capsule form for the constipation that's due to take place :flirt2: Does anyone know if I can pick these up in Sainsburys?

I've not seen the capsules Mets, I use the flax seed that you can find in the freaks, geeks and weirdo aisle.

I've not seen the capsules Mets, I use the flax seed that you can find in the freaks, geeks and weirdo aisle.

LOL! I'm clearly not a freak, geek or weirdo as I don't know what aisle that is! lol can I assume it's the aisle with all the "special dietry food"

ah yes, the gluten free and stuff. LOL

LOL! Thanks Jim

Back