Mums of young children

Mrsh2011

Hi Mums!

I'm just looking for some advice/opinions please. I'm wanting to come back to Slimming World as I know it is the diet for me. I am however not sure what the best way to go about it is. I am currently in the last 7 weeks of maternity leave, I have a 7 month old and a 2.5 year old. From October I will be going to Uni to study for a Masters. I am wondering what other Mums do in terms of going to a class or doing it from home? My OH doesnt get home from work till gone 7 most nights and my youngest normally goes to bed around 6.45. I dont think going to an evening class is a realistic option for me at the moment as it would disrupt the children's bed times. I could go to a morning class but I would have to take at least one of them with me. Does anyone do this? I'm not sure either of them would sit through it. Even a Saturday would mean the same scenario as my husband works six days. Any thoughts?

Thanks x
Helen x

To be honest I take my daughter 99% of the time she's 19 months I take a snack and toy for her and she isn't the only child at out group. My husband works shifts and imi is in bed by 7 so I do a morning group :) x

I take my little girl who's 23 months and just take her some toys/books and a snack to keep her occupied and she behaves most of the time!

I take my baby and do a morning group while the older ones are at school. The holidays have been more tricky although I did take them last week and it was ok ish. I used to do an evening group that started at 7.30 as like you my husband works quite late. After the first week you can be a good 30 min late and it doesn't matter - then maybe you could leave the children asleep at home. Going to group does make a big difference to motivation in my experience but this web site is not a bad second best to that! Good luck whatever you decide.

i go to a morning group and bring my 16 month old, if he gets bored or ratty i just take him for a walk round the empty space of the place we don't use. i bring books, toys and snacks, i used to bring a bottle too, when he was 10 months. my consultant is fine with him coming and there are often other children there too. we all had a good laugh when he picked up the big triangle slimming world sign and started walking over with it. we even had two doggy honoury members at one point too.

I go to an evening class and don't usually take little one as my boyfriend is a teacher so is home in time for me to go without him usually. However I think if you go for a morning class there will be more children there. If you're unsure then call the consultant first, I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.

There are no morning classes round me so I go to an evening one I take my son as hubby is at work mostly he's good and likes to clap the losses lol but if he's playing up I take him out as its not fair on other sw members I try to get a sitter but its not always possible I have applied for more info on becoming a consultant as I work weekends love sw and could give my time to doing a group in the day during week as I think a lot of people could benefit from a daytime class

i go to a 11.30 class at the minute and take with me my 3year old and 6month old twins and they get along just fine, babies have bottles and older one plays with my phone ans is well away. From september he goes back to preschool so i will be going to the 9.30 am class and will also be taking the twins with me. Theres always a few kids there.

Back