Munky's cc diary

I think that is definitely the right attitude :)

Thanks bostik and squeezy! I no doubt sound a bit daft for worrying about it. I think what im afraid off is with going out today and there being lots of temptations, if i get too hungry ill end up blowing it, and eating anything and everything!!

I thought about it last night tho that im not gonner beat myself up if i go awol today and end up not losing as a result cos i just wanna enjoy today! I then have a good run until our holiday without any distractions. Ive been guilty in the past of thinking i have to be 100% all the time and if im not i end up on the whole binge cycle.

Thing is i can feel a difference, mainly from the exercise, so i know im doing something right!!

I think this is such the right attitude to have. I also think that sometimes you have to go with what you feel rather than what the scales read. Last week I only lost a pound but I was able to get back into 2 pairs of trousers that I hadn't been able to wear for a while and I also feel a difference in my energy level, so whilst the scales said only a pound if felt sooooo much more to me :)

Happy Birthday to the OH hope you have a fun day!

Thanks everyone!! Cc'ing has gone out the window today but ive done my best to eat healthy foods like i would have done on sw so im hoping it wont do too much damage!!

Soooo yesterday was a really nice day out in the pub all day and night! Thankfully i managed to avoid drinking too much so i wasnt ill this morning. I didnt bother with cc, i just didnt see the point tbh!! I did try to keep to healthy eating principles to begin with, i had a lean cooked breakfast, then a chicken and bacon salad for lunch. I had tea in the pub and had a bbq cheese and ham toastie with chips, then on the way home i had half a tray of chips. Drinks wise i had vodka diet cokes in the day and then had 4-5 wkds for the boxing.

It probably doesnt sound it but i do feel like i made some progress yesterday! There was a time when i would have just eaten whatever cos it was a special occassion. I wouldnt have made the effort to have diet drinks or had something healthy for lunch, i would have knocked back cake, chocolates, crisps and drunk cider all day! I feel like ive got to a point where im not treating this as a diet anhmore. Ive got to a stage where eating certain foods has become normal and its not such an effort. Im enjoying my exercise too snd cos i can see visible results already im not having to talk myself into it so much. Its also good im not thinking that i 'blew it' yesterday. Im seeing this as being 'for life' and in life im gonner have big nights out. I just need to eat well and exercise the rest of the time to allow for it.

Today ive got back on track and have found it really easy. Ive had a nice day with oh going round seeing all the families and now were having a well deserved chill out. Ive had to get rid of mfp off my phone cos it kept making it crash!! Doh!! Ive got myself another app which is a bit confusing as it says i can have 1300 odd rather than 1200. Not a huge difference i know, but gives me a little more of a comfort zone. Ooohhh the excitement.

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday :)

Sorry that MFP was playing your phone up but glad you have got another place and one that gave you more cals as well yayy woot! woot!

Hope the start of the week has been going well for you?

Ps not been on here much due to stupid shifts at work and being stupid busy gggrrr!! Promise i will have a proper update at some point!

Well done!

Thanks Squeezy and Bostik!

So this week has been complete pants. I've ended up having a massive binge last night cos I've just been so busy/stressed/tired this week. I've been on stupid shifts where I have to get up at 4am :mad:. Yes, there are two 4 o'clocks in the day - a fact I never actually knew until this job! By the time I've got home I've not had the time/energy/inclination to do any exercise, so I've ended up with not as many cals as I would've liked, and its all just gone from there. Last night just finished it off when I was late leaving work, got stuck after an accident closed the road and then lost on some country road trying to find the motorway! :mad: :rolleyes:
Today I have come down with the evil love child of a cold and hayfever, so much so that I've took a half day off work to catch up on some rest.

I'm annoyed about scoffing loads last night, especially after reading back on here about the weekend and how I'd felt so focused. I sound terrible, but part of me is honestly tempted to just pig out all this weekend, mainly right now cos I'm feeling sorry for myself with feeling poorly. I know it won't achieve anything other than make me feel rubbish!!

One positive to take out of this week is that I've decided to up my cals to around 1400 - 1500. It still works out as less than I should have and less than I was eating on SW, so I'm hoping I can still see a loss with this. I'm also going to change my exercise around so that I'm only doing three days a week, but do more on those three days. It means I only have to find time on one day a week after work to fit it in.

So now I'm off to crawl into bed zzzzzzzz

:hug99:Get yourself some well deserved rest my love, it sounds like you need to sleep for a week! :)

You are obviously run down, which is why you have picked up the evil cold, but that means that it is more important than normal to eat really well. I wouldn't worry if you eat slightly over cals when your poorly, I would be tempted to put my cals up when ill, because your body needs the fuel to mend itself.

I really hope you don't binge all weekend. I know it's tempting, but my advice would be to take each day as it comes. Maybe choose Saturday as a treat day, and decide on a really scrummy dinner and a nauhty pud. Just make sure you count it, so you know where you are with everything. There are still lots of comforting things to have that are calorie controlled. You could make a pizza using the warburtons square wraps, or have a cooked breakfast sunday morning. Check out Legomums diary for the 350cal brekkie. That is what I am doing this weekend.

If you do think f**k it, and binge all weekend, don't beat yourself up about it. Just make sure you get back on it Monday morning.

Get lots of duvet time, and get yourself better. Big hugs to you hun

Don't binge. You'll just feel horrible about it after like you are feeling now. You've realised you've not eaten well. So just start eating better again from now. You don't have to wait till after the weekend binge more.

Also get some rest. Maybe have a nice long bath. You'll feel a little better at least :)

Thanks people you are so right - having a binge wont help anyone or anything!! I spent the afternoon in bed so got a good rest. Oh and i went out round the shops this evening. Weve bought ufc personal trainer for the kinect which should help me get fit. I love ufc!! I also got a gorgeous summery dress reduced in warehouse. I also managed to resist icecream and choccies. Went asda on the way home and got myself a weight watchers pizza so am still within my cals for the day. Turned out a good day after all.

I think sometimes i forget i dont have to be 100% mega healthy all the time and that i can have stuff like pizza within my cals. Im thinking of trying to have a treat like this every wknd now. Oh the excitement!!

I think that is what is so great about calorie counting - you can make the choices you want for how you are feeling that day and if you need more then you could exercise, I know some people eat their calories whilst others find it doesn't work .... I'm in the camp that I don't want to eat my exercise cals but it's good to know they are there if I need them!

It is hard I am sure when you are on shifts and I would suggest getting snack things ready in controlled portions if that helps... I don't work shifts but this is what I go to when I feel like bingeing... I'm not really a binger but I just like to have things I shouldn't have and I find if I have them in moderation then I'm OK usually it's a boredom thing for me.

Hope you are feeling better :)

How you feeling today Munky. Did the shopping help get rid of the nasty germs?? :D

Squeezyweezy said:
How you feeling today Munky. Did the shopping help get rid of the nasty germs?? :D

Lol!! Im sure a combo of retail therapy and an afternoon in bed has sorted me right out!! Feel like im back in the land of the living today!! Even managed zumba this morning

Ive been enjoying having whatever i want within my cals today. For those who know sw you will know that it can sometimes feel a little restrictive in the types of food you eat, and you generally have to cook from scratch all the time. Now while this is a good thing that ive tried to carry over into cc, i think doing this is what sent me a bit off track this week. So ive been having things i wouldnt normally have like porridge and cuppa soup!! Not mad i know, but its like the pizza last night, i can have this stuff in moderation again now.

Its been another nice relaxed day today. I went for a walk with oh this afternoon in the sunshine. Im not sure what weve got planned for this evening, probably just a nice chilled out one!! Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!!

Samalama said:
I think that is what is so great about calorie counting - you can make the choices you want for how you are feeling that day and if you need more then you could exercise, I know some people eat their calories whilst others find it doesn't work .... I'm in the camp that I don't want to eat my exercise cals but it's good to know they are there if I need them!

It is hard I am sure when you are on shifts and I would suggest getting snack things ready in controlled portions if that helps... I don't work shifts but this is what I go to when I feel like bingeing... I'm not really a binger but I just like to have things I shouldn't have and I find if I have them in moderation then I'm OK usually it's a boredom thing for me.

Hope you are feeling better :)

Thanks for the tips samalama. I think im like you in that its not actually hunger that makes me eat when im on shift, its just being tired and a bit fed up when i get in from work so i want something to perk me up!! Good news is i dont have to do another stint of those horrid early starts for a while!!

I wasnt sure what to do about eating more cals/exercise cals to begin with. Ive decided now tho that ive increased my cals i wont eat any ive earned by exercising to make sure im in a deficit if that makes sense!!

Back