Murphy...kitten named and shamed (and found thank god!!)

Kittens

Mine are now 15 weeks old and are fantastic! We lost them for a whole afternoon a few weeks ago - just after the man had come to fix the washing machine.... they were asleep in the back of the fridge (by the motor - no not inside :eek: )

My daughter wanted to call hers 'testing' - just so she could go out in the garden and shout TESTING TESTING 123 - she doesn't get it from my side of the family :rolleyes:

Have fun with your little bundle

Just to add ours are called millie-moo and bailey-boo!!!

We've decided he's going to be Murphy...thanks Bex

But we still can't find him!
Getting really worried now :(

I had a black kitten/cat once, and we called him 'Bruno' (as in Frank the boxer!)

Don't worry about him disappearing, ours hid under the cabinet, up the curtains (between lining and curtains), behind the fridge/cooker/dishwasher etc. He is just a little bit shy, and very nervous at the moment. Its all strange to him and all new smells etc. He will come round in a couple of days. Ours kept kneading the floor when we called him for a couple of days. Charlie is now 15 weeks old, and driving our old girl (Chloe - who is 9 years old) mad!

Sure you'll find him soon! Mine had a habit of sneaking down gaps at the sides of kitchen cupboards and then behind the kickboard through another gap. Check there!

Glad you picked Murphy!!:D :D :D

We're searching non stop.....don't know what else to do.

No gaps in kitchen cupboards and we blocked off the gap under the cooker so he can't have got in there.

He was so scared he hadn't even moved by myself from the living room to the kitchen...we'd picked him up each time. So I doubt he'd have gone upstairs...but we even checked up there.

Little bugger...can't believe we've only had him about 3 hours and we've lost him.

I did open the door to put something in the bin but made sure he wasn't near...he was in the kitchen at the time...would have to have come through the hall and the door was only open about 10 seconds

Worried

Hi Amanada

How about Trevor after Trevor MacDonald?

I think Trevor would be really cute!

If you go for Mac (Tarmac) you could lengthen it to MacKenzie which is my youngest son's name and he was born with masses of dark fluffy hair. It's the cutest name and can be shortened in many ways we call him Kenzie, Kenz, MacK.

Derek would also be cute I loved Derek Griffith when I was a kid really funny (also it's my hubbies name)

Hope you decide on a nice name for him soon.

How about inside your sofas/chairs? They can get up inside if you have any rips in the bottom cover.

Fingers crossed you find him soon....xxx

Still nothing.....

Maybe he did get out?? And if he did then I've sentanced him to certain death!!

I know that sounds dramatic but really soo worried.

How can I have let this happen!

Me and Gemma are both sure he can't have got out...she'd been playing with him on the kitchen floor just minutes before...and how could he have got out when all I did was open the door to put some stuff in the wheelie bin? The bin is just outside the door....don't even have to step out?

There're no gaps in the kitchen cupboards...under the oven has been blocked up....we've looked EVERYWHERE!!

Gemma's gone to bed upset...

SH*T!!!

OHHHHH NOOOOO!! I wanna know where he is too!

Checked the wadrobes? drawers? HAve you looked around outside just in case he did slip out he might not have gone too far?

I hope you find him soon.

My mam always says if you lose something to stick a pin in a cushion and you always find it. give it a try. I'm worried with you
Irene xx

Has he turned up? I like the name Clawdius - too corny? My little kitten - Polka climbed up an air vent into the attic and 6 hours later we heard the miaowing in the ceiling!

Checked every cupboard...drawer...gap in the house

even looked in the tumble drier and microwave...nothing!!

Opened a tin of tuna...thanks whoever said that...hope that works

Oh Amanda, poor you and family. I hope you find the little chap. They are quite resilient though mate.

Murphy has been found!!!!!!

I was on MSN to tracie and she suggested ringing the local police (don't worry I didn't ring 999...lol)

So I was on the phone to a operator and she said they don't log cat reports and suggested I ring local vets in the morning.... then I heard a meiow!!!

He was stuck.....totally wedged into the elements behind the freezer!!!

Just taken about 30 pictures of him just so we have evidence if he ever goes MIA again!! lol

A very relieved Amanda
xxxxxx

Back