mushroom = cheese???

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 4 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Ok, I know our taste buds change considerably but....

Why do I think the mushroom soup, when highly concentrated, such as in a poppadom, takes distinctly cheesy? I am not complaining as I miss cheese terribly. It tastes like mushroom when its a soup, but def cheesy otherwise.:eat:

Am I now officially nuts? :silly:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

But do you really care ? look at what you have done !!!!!! being nuts helps.........
  4. Juliakno

Juliakno Taking it Day by Day

Mhhhh, cheese.......................
    I do so miss cheese. I will definitely give this a try tonight, and hope you're right I am quite bored with the mushroom soup at the moment anyway, so a change in flavour would be a definite improvement!! I let you know whether you're tastebuds have gone nuts or not once I tried it
  5. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I've not noticed that myself Sarah.... I can only drink the mushroom and the chicken soup too so I do get plenty of it.

Definitely miss my cheese though.

6. LLStu

LLStu Full Member

I think the chicken soup poppadom tastes like cheese as well!
  7. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

Sez - me too!
    Especially if you almost 'burn' the crisps and have a nice thick consistency, they taste exactly like cheese :D
    That's what I'm having for dinner tonight. Oh the joys!
  8. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Phew..... so either we are all mad or the cheesey flavour is there!!!

I especially enjoy a semi-burnt mushroom soup (AKA cheese!!) poppadom with a cup of Marigold as my evening meal!! mmmmmm!!!!
  9. Juliakno

Juliakno Taking it Day by Day

I tried making poppadoms with the mushroom last night, and I have to say that when you leave it to almost burn (turn brown) it does have some sort of resemblance with cheese flavour. Good enough for me anyway, so I will have it again tonight, mhhh.....
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.