• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mushroom Pate - any recipes?

Nojo on the YoYo
Are you a veggie my lovely? I have a chicken liver pate recipe that you could adapt. Chop an onion, lightly cook til soft with frylight, a couple of crushed garlic cloves and some mixed herbs. Add some chopped bacon (optional if you're veggie) then your chicken livers (or in your case, shrooms) - when everything's cooked, whizz in a blender. Add quark or natural yogurt or fromage frais til you get your required consistency. Season to taste.

Strutting her stuff
I use the tesco roast mushroom pate which is not too bad on the syn front. Can't remember how many of the top of my head though - something like 2 or 3 for a quarter of the tub. I'll check for you.
Thanks Vixx, will try that out, I'm not veggie but just like my veggie food!

Thanks Circs, I love tesco mushroom pate but I have to eat the whole lot, 1/4 tub just won't do, so need to make my own so I don't feel too bad!

Champion actifryer
I adapted Vix paté using a clove of garlic and a handful of shallots fried in frylight. Added a drained tin of mushrooms and a sprinkling of herbs, salt and pepper. I then added a handful of ham chunks and whizzed it with a couple of teaspoons of fromage frais. Will be having it for dinner tonight, but the sneak preview says it's pretty good.