Mushroom Pate - any recipes?

CEB

I have been a bit lax recently :break_diet: so am back on it from today. I have a real craving for mushroom pate and am thinking mushroom and quark plus ???

Has anyone got any ideas, I have done a search of the forum but not getting anything.

Thanks

Are you a veggie my lovely? I have a chicken liver pate recipe that you could adapt. Chop an onion, lightly cook til soft with frylight, a couple of crushed garlic cloves and some mixed herbs. Add some chopped bacon (optional if you're veggie) then your chicken livers (or in your case, shrooms) - when everything's cooked, whizz in a blender. Add quark or natural yogurt or fromage frais til you get your required consistency. Season to taste.

I use the tesco roast mushroom pate which is not too bad on the syn front. Can't remember how many of the top of my head though - something like 2 or 3 for a quarter of the tub. I'll check for you.

Thanks Vixx, will try that out, I'm not veggie but just like my veggie food!

Thanks Circs, I love tesco mushroom pate but I have to eat the whole lot, 1/4 tub just won't do, so need to make my own so I don't feel too bad!

I adapted Vix paté using a clove of garlic and a handful of shallots fried in frylight. Added a drained tin of mushrooms and a sprinkling of herbs, salt and pepper. I then added a handful of ham chunks and whizzed it with a couple of teaspoons of fromage frais. Will be having it for dinner tonight, but the sneak preview says it's pretty good.

Oooh did you try the chicken liver pate? It's sooooo delish isn't it?

Back