Mushroom Sauce Recipe

AmyS

is on the road to Slimdon
Hi

Does anyone have a receipe for a fairly simple low syn mushroom sauce?

My only inspiration so far is to use a chicken and mushroom pasta and sauce and use this over my chicken dish!

What are opinions on doing this? Would it be classed as misuse of syns?

Thanks in advance

Amy xx:D

I make a spicy mushroom sauce, I fry my mushrooms then add some vegetable stock, let it reduce then stir in fat free fromage frais to thicken it. I haven't got the recipe with me but it is in the saucy secrets book.

I made a lovely one to go with steak
make a creamy sauce by softening finely chopped onion and garlic in fry light and add a splash of veg stock if it looks like it might stick, add mushrooms and cook till mushrooms are done, add a squirt of lemon juice, then remove from the heat and add a couple of generous tbs of o% total and stir through cooked pasta or serve over a nice grilled steak.

Creamy Herby Mushrooms
Serves 2
EE 0 Green 0 Original 0
Ingredients:
2 onions
3 garlic cloves
11oz/312g mixed mushrooms
A handful of fresh tarragon
A handful of fresh parsley
Fry Light
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 1/2 oz/100g very low fat natural fromage frais

Method:
Peel and finely slice the onions. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Trim and slice the mushrooms. Finely chop the fresh herbs.
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and saute the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. add the mushrooms and stir-fry over a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes. Season well. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais and chopped herbs.

Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serves 4
EE 0 Green 0 Original 0
Ingredients:
14oz/379g mixed mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion
Fry Light
7fl oz/198ml chicken stock
5oz/142g very low fat fromage frais
Salt and freshly ground pepper.

Method:
Slice the mushrooms. Peel and crush the garlic. Peel and finely slice the onion.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spray lightly with Fry Light. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the fromage frais. Season well and serve over pasta or pork steaks.

also, if you can get them (I get them from either Carluccios deli or a little local italian deli) mushroom stock cubes make a brilliant base.

I cook my mushrooms in a little mushroom stock and black pepper - it really enhances the flavour of the mushrooms - delish! xx

Back