Mushrooms!!! strange i know!

Nonna_edmo

Sounds mental but i love mushrooms, And when i say that i really do!! i have them with most meals and now im on weight watchers they are free points! YAY :D

I was wondering if anyone has a fab WW receipes made with....you guessed it mushrooms!!

And i thought others might be able to share what there fav foods are to see if anyone has any receipes for them too.

Appologies if iv posted this in the wrong place im new to this (2nd day)

I love mushrooms too but sadly am the only one in the house that does.
try cooking some mushrooms in a little stock and garlic til nearly all the liquid has gone then stir in some low fat creme fraiche, you can use fromage frais or plain yog if you prefer, and serve with pasta.

Thanks mommyb sounds fab, almost like a strogonoff! cant wait

it is yummy and you only need to point the creme fraiche and the pasta. I have got a recipe for mushroom madras somewhere too but dont know it off by heart !!

Cant wait, im going to try it tomorrow for dinner. If you stumble across your madras receipe when your looking for something else (as us ladies do, always putting things in a 'safe place' then loosing them, or is that just me!)let me know! lol

I too was going to recommend low fat créme fraiche. Not too much cos it's still highish, but you don't need much. I would add tarragon too though :) I think it would go nice on some toasted bread for a snack (so obviously wouldn't want to use too much créme fraiche or it would go soggy!)

Cant wait, im going to try it tomorrow for dinner. If you stumble across your madras receipe when your looking for something else (as us ladies do, always putting things in a 'safe place' then loosing them, or is that just me!)let me know! lol

its in a ww magazine so will go thru them tomorrow. i think i even know which one, how sad is that:p

haha, thanks !
my boyfriend will be sick of mushrooms when im done! ill go and bulk buy my mushrooms tomorrow

have found it...well realised it was actually aubergine madras but i used mushrooms instead..

mushrooms
1 tspn curry paste (madras is preferable)
low fat cooking spray
small onion-chopped
2 cloves garlic-crushed
1/2 tspn cumin
1/2 tspn ground corriander
1/2 tspn garam masala
100ml veg stock
1 tblspn low fat plain yog
chopped fresh corriander.

fry onion & garlic in spray til soft (add little water if gets too dry)
add spices & paste for ano 1 min
add mushrooms and stock boil uncovered for 10 mins
remove from heat stir in yog & fresh corriander

mushroom madras...done ( in gordon ramsey voice)
ps if you want a change from mushrooms use 1 aubergine cut in half & score flesh, spread with the curry paste and bake at 160 for 20 mins and add to recipe as above in place of mushrooms)

enjoy:D

Thanks mommyb Sounds delish.....making me hungry!

Back