• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mushy pea curry

*angela*

Silver Member
S: 17st1lb C: 12st9.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 4st5.5lb(25.73%)
Morning... At class last night it was brought up about mushy pea curry+I'm intrigued. Has anyone tried it? Sounds horrible but the girl in group said it's lush (all I imagine is green slop - yuck). Can I just confirm ingredients as she wasn't 100% sure... I was just going to make the sauce in batch+freeze then can serve with chicken+veg or just with savoury rice for lunches. Any ideas? TIA :) xx

Sent from my iPhone

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

bilsat

Really likes to cook
S: 18st11.5lb C: 11st9.5lb G: 11st11.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 7st2lb(37.95%)
Pete’s Mushy Pea Curry

Serves 4

Syn Free on EE

Ingredients

1 300g Tin of mushy peas (ss)(ff)
1 400g chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
1 onion, chopped finely (s)(sff)
2 Tbsp. of garam masala
1 Tbsp. of curry powder
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tbsp. sweetener
Method
Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with fry Light until transparent

Add curry powder & paprika, stir continuously for a few minutes until the onions are coated.
Add the mushy peas, tomatoes, sweetener and cook for 15 mins until it thickens. Add garam masala 5 mins before the end of cooking.

Allow to cool then blitz with a hand blender.

When reheating add 100mL per person of hot water and bring to the boil, then turn to simmer.

Add chicken to the sauce or use it as a general sauce.

(I had chicken & chips)

Mushy Pea Curry (Large) (Small).JPG

G: 9st2lb
This looks very very tasty!

S: 16st6lb C: 14st2.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.5 Loss: 2st3.5lb(13.7%)
Everyone has been talking about this in group. Apparently it's really nice even though it doesn't sound it. Gonna give it a try next week xxx

S: 14st11.6lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.5 Loss: 2st7.6lb(17.15%)
Just noticed it can be frozen so I'm going to have this tonight with quorn pieces and maybe SW chips or rice, undecided! Looking forward to it!

S: 14st11.6lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.5 Loss: 2st7.6lb(17.15%)
If you aren't keen on clove/cinnamon taste then don't add the garam masala. Totally ruined it for me!

S: 16st6lb C: 14st2.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.5 Loss: 2st3.5lb(13.7%)
I'll definitely try it without the garam masala not keen on cinnamon myself xxx

I really wasn't keen on the taste or texture when I made it. Also felt like I was a poor student just chucking whatever was in the cupboard into a sauce pan and mixed together. Haha! The chicken curry recipe from the app is a winner for me, quick and easy (but I bulk up with more chopped up peppers/mushrooms etc)