Musings on swamp goo (jelly) and spag bol...

Shadaca

Silver Member
So last night I tried to make jelly.

I made it up - and it looked white and foamy, so then I put some green colouring in it - the only one that didn't have citric acid in it! and stuck it in the fridge.

It separated and did a witches cauldron thing of foamingup even more - so I put it in the freezer.

when I went back to it after Ugly Betty it was kind of set - but still had foam on it.

Tasted good though - but can anybody tell me how I should be making it? I'm obviously doing something VERY wrong!

And I've just read that W8 have spag bol packs - they sound yummy!

Are cambridge developing anything like that? I would be very happy bunny!

Just hear they get chicken noodle too - yummm

Last edited:
Yeah, but the spag in spag bol yould take us out of ketosis!

I think W8 is a VLCD but NOT a low carb diet, if you see what I mean?

I was never fussed about whether food colouring had citric acid in (BTW, natural red food colouring normally doesn't) because you use such a tiny amount anyway!

What did you do to make the jelly?
What did you use, gelatine or MAM?

x

is it right you can only have mix a moose, flavouring or bars once a day? - could you have all of them in the same day?

AFAIK you can have all 3 in one day if you really like :D

That's not to say though, that if you don't have MAM then you can have 2 bars :rolleyes:

x

It was MAM - so should work.. I;ve jsut tried again, so will post picks later!

W8 does put you into ketosis - the same as cambridge and it is only 12.6 carbs for the spag bol, I know it takes about 60g of carbs to kick me out of ketoland, so it is plausable that cambridge could make us a pasta meal.

I'm more interested in cambridge making an alternative than jumping ship.

I thought that green would be halloweeny - rather than blue or yellow!

Last edited:
Orange - I'm all out of berries till wed. :sigh:

Here it is...

Today's version, but still had a foamy crust on top - is there a way to avoid that?

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 129
I use gelatine too as it doesn't get the foam on it. I don't put colouring in it though, just have it clear.

Not true. I did a couple of months on W8 and the spag bol are yummy. They won't take you out of ketosis -- they have less carbs than some of the CD bars.

120 cals
10g of protein
12g carb

I really reccomend you order yourself some online and have them instead of a CD pack once in a while. Chicken Noodle is coming next month. Anything that works and keeps you on the straight and narrow, I say. Don't think CD are developing these kind of meals. Mind you, all the W8 peeps want to know if they are getting a porridge!

im likein the look of that jelly foamy or not lol how do u make it measurements plz xx

Frances - thanks - that's the info I want. Can I just sign up on the website do you think?

The way I make jelly (with the crusty bits).

500ml REALLY cold water
2 sweetners
1 and a half scoops of MAM
a teaspoon and a bit of flavouring
Whatever colour you fancy!

Have the water in a bowl, mix in the powder so you don't get a snow storm when you bring in the blender. Then wizz for a minute or so until you can't see any evil white lumps. Put in the food colouring so it is right and then stick it in the freezer.

Then wax legs, paint nails, have soup and it's ready.

Shads I get the foam too. :sigh:I made a blue one cos it's the only colouring I had in the cupboard. It sat in the fridge for a couple of days cos I was too scared to try it. I scraped the top layer of foam off and it looked okay then, but the blue was just too scarey:eek: and far too blue!!

While I'm out this aft I think I'll go and get some real gelatin, and some red and orange colouring and have another go. Keep you posted chick xx

owww thank u 4 that im gonna be tryin that later xx

Oooooh Cheryl, that trifle looks nice, I've been out and bought some new food colouring and gelatin, so I'll give it a go tomorrow. weill let you know how I get on, might even add photo's if its a success.

Right, quick up date on the jelly front, mine is just setting in the fridge right now. I got a frothy top on it even though I used gelatin instead of MAM. It's been in the fridge for over an hour and is showing no signs of setting, but hopefully by tomorrow night it'll be set ready for my choc tetra mousse topping tomorrow night!

which gelatine are ya using surf?
i use supercook and never get any kind of froth, in fact , its exactly like a normal jelly in every way.
also it only takes around 3-4 hours to set.

Back