My 100% Experience/Opinion (For what it's worth!)

Bloomin fantastic post :)

Thank you all so much! I would say thanks with the button but it's not there!

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. Life is hectic at the minute, and I never get a moment to myself :(

To be honest I was a bit worried about this post, as I never read it back. I just typed what was in my head. I hoped it didn't come across as self indulgent or patronising, as that is so not me. I just wanted to tell you how I felt. In a way it helps me, I offload.

You all help me more than you'll ever know, and I doubt I would have succeeded without you all supporting and encouraging me.

At my weigh in this week I lost 5lbs, so that brought me to a 12 stone loss. I am now 10 stone 7lbs. I can't believe that I've lost 12 stone in 8 months. I reckon it will take a long time for my mind to catch up with my body! I look at my reflection and don't know who the hell I am! Awk I'll get there eventually.

Here's my 12 stone loss picture. I hate the posing and my boobs look huge, the smaller I get the bigger they look! Methinks a reduction is on the cards, they're a curse.

Thank you all again.

X

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
I will happily have some of your boobs for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost all mine :(

This post was defo not self indulgent! It's an inspiration for all those just starting out :)

12st loss .... fanbloodytastic! :)

Noooooo Tanya, you don't want them! More than a handful full is most definitely a waste! I want tiny ones that I cover with my hands. I would need a gaint's hands to cover mine!

Thanks for the reassurance as I was worried. I didn't want it to sound all preachy.

Scary biccies, I've been asked to refeed, so I'm getting weighed on Friday and we'll take it from there. Then it all begins! Refeed maintenance is the start for me, the hard work begins. So I'll eventually be venturing into the scary maintenance forum to get all your tips and advice.

To be honest I'm not that fussed about food, I'm more excited about my date with Mr Smirnoff on a Saturday night!

Good luck Betsy you should be fine you seem to be in the right frame of mind and i bet you feel so different you won't want to go back, keep us posted!!

hahaha!!! I love mr smirnoff!!!!!! Fully missed it this week! :giggle:

Eating again is scary but its not that bad after your first meal. But you are right, maintainence really is just the very start of it and it aint easy :(

Fantastic post and achievement Betsy :)

You must be so proud of yourself .. so inspiring to read. Thank you for sharing that x

Good luck Betsy you should be fine you seem to be in the right frame of mind and i bet you feel so different you won't want to go back, keep us posted!!

Thank you so much Blodwen! You are so right - I certainly do not want to go back! The thoughts of being huge again scares the bejaysus out of me. Hopefully that will keep me strong. I should really stick that before picture on the fridge and give it to the local takeaways to deter me!

I will surely keep you all posted. It'll be so interesting to see how I cope in the 'real' world, what with not having my LT security blanket.

Fantastic post and achievement Betsy :)

You must be so proud of yourself .. so inspiring to read. Thank you for sharing that x

Thank you so much Katie!

I think I'll be more proud if I am able to maintain. The people who lose the weight and keep it off are my real inspirations. They're the people I look up to. I really value their opinions and advice.

X

Betsybotox

You have done really well give yourself a big clap on the back. I have a current photo of myself stuck in my kitchen to deter me from food.

Thank you so much Katie!

I think I'll be more proud if I am able to maintain. The people who lose the weight and keep it off are my real inspirations. They're the people I look up to. I really value their opinions and advice.

X

You are very welcome ... i see and read your story and it gives me so much motivation to succeed this time. You look amazing you really do!!!

I hear that maintaining is the hardest part of the weight loss journey but i'm sure looking at yourself now and feeling so fantastic plus knowing how hard you have worked will give you that added motivation and inspiration to maintain

Best of luck with the maintenance part of your journey :) x

You have done really well give yourself a big clap on the back. I have a current photo of myself stuck in my kitchen to deter me from food.

Thank you so much!

Haha! It's a great idea. I think I will actually do that! Although it may put other people in my house off their grub!

Well done on this weeks result Betsy :).

You're right maintenance is the key to it all but I'm sure after losing 12st and seeing/feeling the difference there's no way you'd let yourself go back to that. It's just finding the way that works best for you. Sometimes that may involve small gains while you monitor how your body handles different things and combinations of things. Thing is not to panic about them just nip them in the bud, sort them out and try again.

Re Mr Smirnoff - does anyone else notice a theme here?? Most of us maintainers seem to be voddie drinkers LOL! Perhaps Mr Smirnoff has a lot to answer for!! :):)

Look forward to seeing you and keeping up with you on Maintenance. You'll be fine :) xx

Second Time Round on LT :party0011

Hiya i've just started back on LT after last year managing to lose 3stone with this regime. I'd put 2stone back on and hadn't realised till I saw a picture of myself :( so I thought come on girl you did it once ...but didn't get to your goal ....give it another try and achieve what you set out to do!

I really believe in this regime mainly as if I can cut food out completely for me that is half the battle won! Cos of course previous diets broken biscuits don't count cos the calories fall out ...all the excuses i've used and now i'm prepared to face upto my reasons for over eating and being the size I am. At my first WI on 19/04/2010 I was 17st 1lbs . I am going on holiday in July * if planes are flying by then* and i'm going to aim to be in size 16 clothing ....i'm size 20/18 atm. I'm not being unrealistic with my goals as otherwise if I go silly I won't achieve anything. Slow and steady wins the day I think. :)

Good luck to everyone

x lea x

Truly inspirational posting Betsy, for someone like me who is seriously considering TRF plan then its just what I needed to read....thank you.

Pictures are jaw dropping! wow...massive changes. Great stuff

Hi Smoochie04

You have a good 3 months before your holiday so you should be able to lose 3 stone if you stick to it. I have until October to lose 4 stone...........

Wow Betsy, what a truly inspiring post, thank you very much for sharing your experiences, thoughts and journey with us.

I have been off LT for 3 months and gained almost all my weight back through a severe depression. I have now split up from my husband (Im fine with it, it's been on teh cards a long time) and it snapped me back into focus the second it happened. Today is Day 6 back on the plan and I haven't faultered.

Reading your story has helped motivate me to stick to LT until I get to my goal. I've done it before (although I didn't reach goal) and i know I can do it again. I totally relate to what you say about food not being the answer to everything. I turned to food in my depressive state and the entire time I was eating it I was miserable yet I could not stop. I realise now that I must put in the work to change these negative behaviour patterns so that once and for all I can make it to goal, gain back my seriously lacking self esteem and make a nice fresh start with my life.

You have done a fantastic job losing so much weight and are an inspiration to us all. Thank you so much for sharing your story xx

Dear Cookeh,
Very sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time of it lately. But your own attitude is really inspiring too - you're picking yourself up after a really tough blow of depression, just to let you know I for one will be here if you ever need to get it off your chest your not on your own.
Its a really good point that eating doesn't solve the problem, I think that's the funny thing about having weight on its not foods fault its the emotional baggage we're carrying around - just culminated in one particular way. Today is my start day and I'm leaving my baggage behind and be more light hearted about everything. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration.

Amazing!!......Well Done.....My new hero! :)x

Back