My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Welcome to the group Chlo!! Of course it does not rule you out! :) Even thought the challenge is all about sticking to SS 100%, 2 days of SS+ would also be ok if that how you want manage the plan during that time that you are away for the weekend. This is a 12 week challenge where each of us try and stick to the plan as far as possible. But we are all human, and we all face different situations in our lives....sometimes it simply will not be possible to stick to the plan 100%. But nobody will crucify you if you go off plan under exceptional circumstances, as long as you get back on immediately again ;) ....We are all bonded by one common goal...and that is to try and stick to the SS 100% for the next 12 weeks with determination and focus...So good luck in your 12 week journey!!! You have all our support! :)

Last edited:
Hi jillybeans, yep long days and nights but so far I'm managing ok.. I think I'll plan a shake at midnight then one extra about 5/6am and see how I manage.. How are you doing? X

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Please do join us as the more the merrier, and also the more people to whip our asses when we feel the urge to purge.

Slimmingorgeousme started this thread, but everyone is welcome to encourage, motivate and keep on track to our goal - a new SLIMMER you!:gen126::gen126::gen126: Group hug?

I hopped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised!!!! WI is Friday morning and I tend to scale hop daily, but havnt since Friday and I must say its nice to see the BIG HOP down. Been more or less 100% SS but did have a boiled egg Friday night.

We are human. We have situations where we are 'forced' to be social - and eat. The thing is - to monitor what it IS you eat at that sitting, not go overboard, and the very next meal to be back on SS (whatever version you're on)....

Today is going to be a stressful day for me - taking my daughter (with my :dragon: exhusband) to see a phyiatrist for her apparent learning difficulties..... I've been stressing about this meeting for weeks - and here it is!!! I've not touched alcohol in 5 weeks, and I'm pretty sure today I will feel like it! To whip me into shape when I complain later about spending and hour with my *&^%# ex husband

Here's to a new week ladies! WE CAN DO IT!

Jillybeans...that must be really tough on you...but you know something....it may turn out MUCH better than you expected....Kudos for not having touched alcohol for the last 5 weeks! You should be super proud of yourself! Please do not act on your feelings of drinking, no matter how stressful it may turn out.....you are so much more stronger than that one drink...and you have come so far!!! Do come onto the forum and let us know if you are feeling tempted or need an ear! Keep up the amazing progress, Jillybeans and we look forward hearing about your fabulous losses! Oh, and my big hugs to you and your little daughter :) I am sure everything with turn out fine!!!

Things went really well in the session for my daughter. My exhusband was over ruled and she is now getting the help she so desperately needs!!!! Ex husband is now sulking....

Thanks Gorgeous, I'm so proud of myself for sticking so tightly to the diet - I mean 4 boiled eggs to EAT in 5 weeks is not that bad - and no alcohol! yay me! My one friend is so jealous of my weightloss and today I put on a pair of jeans that have been at the back of my cubboard and they fit perfectly. I actually feel... sexy ... today!

This board is my saving grace....

:wow:Yeah sexy mama! keep rocking!! You will soon have ALL your friends and neighbours going green with envy ! Glad to know that things went really well. Now I can safely say..." I told you everything would be fine, isn't it??" ;)..... Hugs to the both of you!!!!:grouphugg:

:thankyou::happy096: Thanks gorgeous!!! I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders....

and..:massmoon: to my exhusband!!!!

Struggling with water today, water cooler in office is out of water and I dont like room temperature water..... so only done 2litres so far....

Really glad it went well Jillybeans :clap: Now you can tell your ex to just :kissass:! x

I'm also really struggling with water intake... I'm sooo worried I'm not going to make it through 3 night shifts without slipping and I REALLY don't want to let myself down... HELP!

Hope everyone elses day has been good so far?

Keep up the good work :)

Hi everyone,

Glad to see so much positivity!! I'm particularly positive today as had my week 1 weigh in and lost 10lbs!! Plus I managed to get through the weekend with NO cheating (despite horrendous amounts of temptation).

Water is a problem for me today too...just filled up a litre bottle of water and gonna get it down asap and get it over with. bleugh! xx

YAYYY US!!!!!!!!!!! :family2::family2::happy096:

Thanks for all your encouragement re the ex :sick0019::sick0019:...... I just really hate him today .... and I know my daughter told him I'd lost weight as I saw him checking me up/down....

Water improved slightly - but havnt managed 4litres.... and admit to.... sucking on a chicken bone tonight!!! Yep! Kids had roast chicken and whilst dishing it up for them, actually SUCKED on a bone! And it was delish! I'm glad I didnt do more damage to the chicken, coz boy oh boy I was tempted! Rest of chicken in fridge for kids school sarmies this week!!! (and I luuuuurve chicken)

Daisy, is there anything you can do on night shift to keep yourself busy??? Reading/painting.... tidying out cubboards, cleaning?? And do take a extra pack for "just in case".... if you are going to cheat, make it a 'healthy' cheat - a boiled egg is not the end of the world and neither is a extra shake.

Fairy, weekends ARE FRIGGING DIFFICULT - so a BIG UP to you for no cheating this weekend!:happy096::happy096: I really feel if you can get through 2 weekends of 100%, half the battle is won....

Wow! We are a good bunch of girls today!!!:patback::patback::patback::patback::patback::patback::patback:

Loving the creative smilies on this thread!!!!!!!

Day one... done (well not quite but I am in bed trying not to think about food). I figure the bedroom is further away from the kitchen, not that there is anything in there anyway, and closer to the bathroom.

But I am starving, and can't wait to get back in ketosis, and kicking myself for having got out of it in the first place. Moan, moan, moan.

1 day down... 83 to go.

Wow Jilly that is fab! I can't wait to be as far down the line as you! Just finished day 3 and made up as must have had about 10 restarts in the past 3 weeks! Finally motivated...

As a comfort eater I'm not sure I'd have coped as well as you. My ex husband is a git too so I know where ur coming from.

Keep it up! So motivating hearing all your stories! Xx

Daisy.... I will be back at work and on nights next week so lets keep each other going... Although I only work 2 night shifts a week x

Morning my slimmer friends!!!:girlpower::girlpower:

Well I feel motivated today to do another good day - but up the water intake - so I'm having a bottle of water before leaving home this morning, and take water in the car whilst I drop kids off at school!

Not sleeping too well. Anyone else finding this?

I also find I'm going to bed earlier in the evenings - Like Chlo, its far away from the kitchen! LOL! heeeeeeheeeee. I do wake sometimes in the night and my tummy is rumbling.

What shakes do you get in the UK that we dont get here? I've currently got Strawberry, Vanilla (my fave), Choc and chocmint.... my CDC is coming to see me Friday and bringing me a butterscotch to try as I'm getting bored of my flavours.

My one friend here whose doing the diet, blends it in her blender with ice and makes a smoothie? It sounds delish. I always threaten to try it on weekends when at home - but I havnt so far.

Just for some encouragement, she text me this morning, she has lost 8.5kg in 3 weeks (18.7lbs) - hows that for motivation. She is on SS and has not eaten a single morsel of food!!!:ignore::ignore: Not one bite or sniff, or lick of any food. (Her mum did the diet and lost 70lbs and wont allow her to eat...hahaha)

So here's to us - and another 100% day!!!:bighug::bighug:

I also feel motivated today, had a bad day on Sunday where I had a huge binge in the evening, however, instead of doing what Id usually do and continue binging for the next week, I ignored it, didn't beat myself up and got right back onto ss yesterday, without a SINGLE cheat!

18lbs loss is a huge motivator for me, I have roughly 28 to lose so to think u could do that in under 8 weeks is amazing!

I like the choc mint and choc orange made into a mousse, have those as a desert of an evening
But fav shakes are vanilla, fruits of the forest, and banana

Have a good day today, and don't be too far away from a toilet if you're going to be drinking that much water ha x

Just remember, the innitial loss is fast - then is slows down.... so I rekon about 6.5kgs (14lbs) is the 'average'??

Yay you! Yay me! LOL! Here's to a cheat free day!

Hello gorgeous ladies, I step away from the computer 48hrs and all h*ll breaks loose? Ah such is life...
I am still going strong, fighting the urge not to hop on the scale so much, esp after weekend (didnt really drink as I should have) I was down 6.5 yesterday, hopped on the scales this morning up .5 lbs sooo, THAT is exactly why I try not to get on the scales so often. Wednesday is my official weigh in so I still have time to lose a pound. I've done this diet 3x now :rolleyes: (not proud) and this will be the lowest I lose on the first week (usually around 10-12 lbs) so I'm not going to try to read in the future and set myself up for failure... who knows, next week I may lose the same amount right? :thinking2:

I stopped feeling sick (brief uncomf. period Sat or Sun I think), but my period has returned :confused:. I just had it 2 weeks ago! Just plain wrong!
So ladies, drink up your water today, should be the goal

Wow, everyone is doing fab! Day 4 for me - no cheats! yey! I have done the plan about 3 times before but this WILL be my last (a dreadful few years, particularly the last 2 is the main reason why regained - I comfort eat).... I find that the shakes I choose often determine how well I do. I NEED water flavouring too as I dont drink enough water. I NEED to make a muffin a day from the choc, choc mint or toffee walnut mix to give me something portable to chew on! I NEED soups when its cold (I add black pepper), tetra packs for work and to steer clear of the bars as it triggers a binge for me as they taste WAY too good!

Heres to a motivated successful day... take each one at a time girls! xx

Yeah to all of you girls!! I can see some fantastic progress out here!!!....Isn't it wonderful to feel in control of our emotions and lives?? :)....I have successfully completed 7 days on SS without any cheating and running into the eighth day. I have had HUGE cravings, over the last 7 days, but did not derail, thankfully! Since I do not go in for regular weigh ins with my CDC, due to geographical constraints and my schedule, I will only be able to check my weight on Friday when I get back home. Though there are weighing balances available out here, I prefer to check on my own weighing scale at home, as it will give me the exact picture of how much I have lost. I really hope I am below 70kg when I weigh next. It will be one mini milestone for me!!! The only worrying thing is that it is almost that time of the month. I am expecting it anytime this week. Sometimes I think I should check my weight only after my Aunt Flo has come and gone as the water retention is sure to make me hold on a few pounds....Keep rocking girls!!! We should be all SUPER proud of ourselves!!!:bunnydance::D

Back