My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Hey, hope everyone is ok :)
am on day 10 and having a bit of a rough day :( feeling tired and no energy and want to eat everything in sight :( just can't stop thinking about food :( determined not to give up as this is always the point I have given up when doing the diet before, just hoping tomorrow will be better
x x

Hang in there - all of us! No one said this was going to be easy...... I'm also struggling today..... I just want to eat anything... my friend came around tonight and showed me some pilates excercies to do at home in the evening - so that should kill off some time (when I'd normally be sniffing around the kitchen!)

I've still got that headache - so am going to bed early tonight.

See? 7 weeks in and it still doesnt feel "normal" to be schlurping my food... and I still want food. Dont crave sweet stuff (which I thought I would) but really do want a lump of steak or something.... Keep telling myself, its just for a few weeks, its just for a few weeks, its just..... few weeks more.

Am just trying to focus on the end result at the min. I am not craving sweet stuff either, I would much rather sit there and polish off a block of cheese lol my mum is making spag bol and the smell is killing me as it is one of my fave meals, especially with cheese on lol
x

oh god all this talk of food!!mouth watering.just wondering have none of you moved onto step 3 which includes one meal a long with two packs?my consultant suggested week 3 but up to me

I am hoping to do sole source for the full 12 weeks and the only exception to the full 12 weeks is a meal out in London with my mum that was planned before I started Cambridge, going to eat what I want for that meal and then get straight bk on it, only problem is going to London on Thursday and weigh in on Friday :/ will have been on sole source 4 weeks by then x

yeah thats my idea too bar one wknd in april which is my basketball teams night away which,like London,has been planned for months.Im almost afraid of it as the eating may throw me off!there will be drink involved too!funny though,my urges are about the physical munching of food and not a particular food.

Ok girls....just 13 days till Easter..(March 31st 2013)...I am going to set up a mini challenge to ALL members in this 12 week challenge ....Starting from tomorrow, 19.03.2013 we should make sure to follow SS 100% for the next 13 days....NO EXCUSES whatsoever! Let us see how mentally strong we are...

This will help all those who are struggling to get back on track and by the time Easter rolls around we will all be very well in ketosis and our cravings will have considerably reduced, if not disappeared completely....It's just 13 days!! No pressure to compare weight losses...JUST DO THE SS 100%.....So who's joining the mini challenge??

Oh..by the way...for this mini challenge just write your name below the last member who joined the mini challenge. And everyday, all you have to do is post the status of 2 things:

1) SS Done 100%? -
2) 2.5 Litres of Water Drunk? -

No pressures to post your losses. No pressures to compare the weight losses. The only pressure you have to face is DOING the SS 100%. DO you have it in you? If so, then come on girls! It's only 13 days!.....On Easter day we will all be super proud of ourselves for successfully completing the mini- challenge! You don't want to be left behind do you??!! :D......

I'm in!!

Members for 13 day mini challenge starting on 19.03.2013

1. slimgorgeousme
2. ???? (Who's with me? - write your name here...one below the other) :)

Last edited:
Great! We have 6 members in for the mini challenge! They are:

1. slimgorgeousme
2. lauren2244
3. tuckinurbelly
4. lauraswift
5. sweetaddict
6. diaryofacambridgebeauty

Great going girls! Today is Day 1. Remember to update us at the end of each day for the next 13 days:

1. Did you follow SS 100% (remember there are NO excuses! We are so much stronger than we believe. It's just 13 days! We CAN do this!!)

2. Did you drink 2.5L of water?

Anybody else want to hop on? Today is the first day of the 13 day challenge! And today is the deadline for anybody else who wants to join! After that, the mini challenge will be closed to new members. Sorry....I cannot turn back the hands of time! :p...So do hurry up and join!!! :)

Last edited:
Well done slimgorgeousme for the encouragement, I would join but I have 2 function this weekend that are going to force me into eating something. Long set up (my dads birthday is one of them) so I will be 100% except for these events. So I'll kinda sit on the sidelines and watch - and do 100% other than this one (perhaps two) meals. :cry: (My dad will NOT agree with this diet so I have to eat in front of him - it will be healthy)

My friend the pilates instructor came round last night to show me some moves (My legs are VERY sore today) and said she "cannot condone this sort of diet" and although is happy with my weightloss and how its making me feel and look, does NOT feel it is a healthy way to lose weight and is not happy with me. It kind of made me feel a bit depressed... and I know my dad would feel the same. I have to be very careful who I say what to about my diet and I've kept it off Facebook etc.

Today I woke up feeling very flat. Not hungry - just flat.

Btw, I drink close to 4litres of water a day.

I think its on page 36/35 of the book it says its not a bad idea to introduce SS+ meals for a week to "keep you in touch with reality"... cant remember who here asked to go to step 3 for a while, my advise would be NO, if you are wanting to eat, look at SS+ meals (and weights of food) to eat...

Thanks slimgorgeousme for setting up this challenge! Motivation is whats needed to keep us going.... the results will come automatically then.

Morning everyone :)

Start of day 11 for me and I am pleased to say that I feel a lot better than yesterday :)
Am just counting down the days now till Friday so I can get weighed lol
X x

good going girls!its a powerful thing when strangers can get together and motivate each other!just goes to show how overwhelming and emotional weight loss is! Day 9 for me but also Day 1 of the 'mini challenge!
Have a 100% day girls!

good going girls!its a powerful thing when strangers can get together and motivate each other!just goes to show how overwhelming and emotional weight loss is! Day 9 for me but also Day 1 of the 'mini challenge!
Have a 100% day girls!

YES, it is highly motivating to take on these challenges with other people, strangers - but they/we are all going through the exact same challenges, and who knows best about our thoughts and feelings - than fellow dieters!

Here's to a good 100% day - and 4litres of water (well, at least 3litres) and some lbs/kgs down!:girlpower:
:girlpower:

Hi all,

I'm starting ss+ tomorrow, I did cd about 4 years ago but put most of it back on now so hoping to lose 2.5 to 3 stones this time. I have had times when I have started again but then fallen off the wagon, so I'm a bit nervous about starting again although i do feel more determined this time so hoping for the best. My biggest obstacle is friends and family, as they don't really approve so I've decided not to tell them this time, at least for the first two weeks. Im really glad to have found this forum and am hoping we can all motivate each other to keep on track! :)

Back