My 25th Birthday Diet Diary

25y

No More Cake!
Hi, I'm not really sure what to write here so I will just babble on a wee bit.

I am here looking to lose 6-7 stones, my 25th birthday is mid June and I would love to be a nice size by then. It seems I'm just really sick of being fat and hiding myself under layers of baggy clothes. I don't even want my boyfriend to see me undressed for even a second(!) so something really has to be done. I've been on Slimming World for the past 3 months but the slow losses are really frustrating (I stick to it 100% yet still end up gaining or staying the same some weeks!), I do like the diet and I think once I lose the weight on this one I will go back to SW to maintain or lose a bit more.

I'm really into fashion and I HATE how everything looks bad on me. I see beautiful clothes every day and I just want to be able to a) fit into them, and b) actually look good in them. I have a whole wardrobe full of baggy black clothing because I just feel like I need to hide my body. I even hate going outside these days, I don't want anyone to see me. I absolutely hate what I've done to my body.

Anyway, I don't want to be fat at 25, so this is it. Let the weight loss begin! Guess I'll be here for a while... :)

Hey... Welcome and good luck! The first few days are tough but the weight loss is worth it! If you stick to it 100% you will easily lose that weight for your birthday!

Are you planning on doing just shakes/bars/meal packs or adding in a veg and protein meal as well?

Hi, Good luck. Like cheekychick said, first few days are soooo hard then once your in ketosis it all gets easier. So hang in there til day 4. I did slimming world in the past and like you the losses were soooo slow. All that "free" food :( Once you get the first week behind you and you have a wonderful loss itl motivate you to keep going. Youl get to goal well before your birthday

Hello there,
Good luck on your journey!!
The first week is a real challenge - take it day by day - even hour by hour! Space the packs out which will really help. And use these forums to help you along the way!
Keep us updated xx

Hey... Welcome and good luck! The first few days are tough but the weight loss is worth it! If you stick to it 100% you will easily lose that weight for your birthday!

Are you planning on doing just shakes/bars/meal packs or adding in a veg and protein meal as well?

Thank you! :) I really want to just do packs only, I'm one of those people who eat a wee bit of something and then can't stop. My boyfriend isn't happy about me being on this diet so it'll probably be a mix actually, I'll have to add the veg and protein when he's around every few weeks, probably will be a good test of self control!

Hi, Good luck. Like cheekychick said, first few days are soooo hard then once your in ketosis it all gets easier. So hang in there til day 4. I did slimming world in the past and like you the losses were soooo slow. All that "free" food :( Once you get the first week behind you and you have a wonderful loss itl motivate you to keep going. Youl get to goal well before your birthday

Thanks! Lol, I am dreading these first few days so much! I'm officially starting wednesday since I have a week off from then to devote to this thing. :)

Hello there,
Good luck on your journey!!
The first week is a real challenge - take it day by day - even hour by hour! Space the packs out which will really help. And use these forums to help you along the way!
Keep us updated xx

Thank you, I will do. I've just read about splitting the packs up in half, so I will try that for the first few days I think. And guzzle lots of water! :)

Thanks! Lol, I am dreading these first few days so much! I'm officially starting wednesday since I have a week off from then to devote to this thing. :)

Youl do fine. Some people find the first few days not so bad. And it's a great feeling once you get into ketosis and your just not hungry. Honest. Find things to do the first few days. I found idle hands wanted to raid the fridge. Pamper yourself with nice long baths, face packs, magazines. Anything to keep you out the kitchen :)

Hey hun,
I had to have a long chat with my hubby and get his full support. He still sometimes slips up by saying something unsupportive as I know deep down he's not keen on this diet, but usually he says oh that smells nice, even though it's a soup I hate! Ha ha. And he encourages me along. I mix up my days too and have packs when he's away and meals usually when he's home. Might be worth chatting to your boyfriend about how unhappy you feel and how much you really want to do this. Hopefully he'll give you his full support.
You'll do great, the first week is a really motivating loss which is fabulous!! Xx

Youl do fine. Some people find the first few days not so bad. And it's a great feeling once you get into ketosis and your just not hungry. Honest. Find things to do the first few days. I found idle hands wanted to raid the fridge. Pamper yourself with nice long baths, face packs, magazines. Anything to keep you out the kitchen :)

I'm planning on a massive clear out of clothes and stuff so should keep me busy for a bit, but will definitely take up any chance to spoil myself! :D

Hey hun,
I had to have a long chat with my hubby and get his full support. He still sometimes slips up by saying something unsupportive as I know deep down he's not keen on this diet, but usually he says oh that smells nice, even though it's a soup I hate! Ha ha. And he encourages me along. I mix up my days too and have packs when he's away and meals usually when he's home. Might be worth chatting to your boyfriend about how unhappy you feel and how much you really want to do this. Hopefully he'll give you his full support.
You'll do great, the first week is a really motivating loss which is fabulous!! Xx

Aww, I'm glad he is supportive for you. :) I think maybe once I'm a few weeks in my BF will be okay with it, I have a few weeks to myself until I see him again so I think it will go smoothly-ish when I chat to him about it next and he sees how well I'm (hopefully) doing. Think he is just worried it's going to make me ill or something, or I'm going to be faint all the time, etc.

Yeah my hubby was the same - ketosis can give you headaches or make you chilly and he would tut at me if I took paracetamol or grabbed a cardy! But I think it's just because they care and also because they don't fully understand the diet.
Cor if you're not seeing him in a few weeks you'll probably already be a stone lighter, in ketosis, and have a big smile on your face! :)

Well my first day is nearly over & it's been.... great! Tomorrow is 'clean out my wardrobe' day, I am weirdly looking forward to it. One thing that wasn't so great was the taste of the mint chocolate shake. Yuck! I LOVE minty things but not this, lol.

I know that my end goal is forever away, but of course there is Christmas and New Year's Eve coming up. I keep wondering what size I will be by then, and what I could wear? Will I at least feel comfortable going to a party or two? It's not like I'll be in some slinky wee dress or anything, but even just some nice jeans, heels & a floaty blouse would be nice. I'd like to regain some confidence on the way to my goal rather than just waiting for that magic number on the scales to pop up and then suddenly feel more confident. I would honestly fall over if I managed to get to 15 stones for the new year but I'm not really sure if that's realistic or not. It's always nice to dream!

Maybe I should think about an outfit for the holidays and work towards that as motivation. Won't buy anything until Dec though.... well, maybe I could buy the shoes now. ;)

Yay that's great and sorting out your wardrobe will be a great motivator!! I hate the mint choc shakes too - they are nicer hot though! Xx

Thought I'd drop and say hello....I can totally empathise with you and having started yesterday I am aiming for a month a time, with my next major goal being Xmas....we can both do this!

Good luck on your journey....and thankyou for inspiring me to sort through some clothes too :D

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you are! :)

Already lost a little bit with lipotrim but looking to Slim & Save to get me down the rest of the way! I'm about your age too! You're doing it all for the right reasons :) Looking forward to seeing your results!

K xx

Thanks, Kayroo! Good luck to you and congrats on your loss so far :)

Feeling a bit rubbish today. Bad headache, really sleepy, sore tummy... Going back to bed for a nap once this plumber has been and looked at my leaking tap which decided to crack in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much! :) starting on saturday I think once my packs arrive!

Presuming you feel the same as any vlcd the headaches pass after 2-3 days :) not looking forward to that bit!

Get some rest and you'll be fine I'm sure xx

Ugh, I feel really yuck. I'm a bit shaky. Is that blood sugar or something? I'm guessing that it's just part of the first few rotten days.

I have an Asda delivery coming tonight with bullion, ice cube trays, babybel light, peppermint tea & coke zero. Hopefully a babybell and a can of coke z will pick me up a bit! :)

Ugh, I feel really yuck. I'm a bit shaky. Is that blood sugar or something? I'm guessing that it's just part of the first few rotten days. I have an Asda delivery coming tonight with bullion, ice cube trays, babybel light, peppermint tea & coke zero. Hopefully a babybell and a can of coke z will pick me up a bit! :)

The first few days are defo the worst. Your halfway through them :). Once you get to day 4 the hunger will be gone and youl feel better. Hang in there.
Enjoy your coke zero. Bet you never thought it could be such a treat ;)

Back