ProPoints My 5 week, 1 stone challenge!!

Jacket spuds arent boring. Any tips for filling etc? I am rubbish at thinking up good fillingfor it.

x

I am not great on fillings for spuds but in the past on diets I have had fillings of tuna and vlf mayo, prawns and vlf mayo or dressing, cheese, beans, homemade coleslaw (which can actually be point free-cabbage, carrot and onion mixed with vlf mayo...if you have less than 1 tbs of the mayo it is 0pp!), chilli, curry. x

Awe thanks chick :) ya I'm shocked !! I've never been this strict tho to be honest but glad I have been , in my cousins wedding next Friday and my goal was 10st 2lb !! But hadn't planned on been in bed for four weeks with my back !! I'm glad il be going at 10st 7 Ish and not 10st 13 as that would push me back into the 11's !! Don't want to go there .. Just want to see the 9's like yourself for the first time ever !! You can do it too if you were there before !! Amazing what a few feckin pounds does to your clothes !! My sister is roughly the same weight as me but she's half the size !! Annoying :) glad I had this rant because there's a fresh Victoria sponge downstairs and I wanted more than anything with a cuppa but now I'm thinking keep going the wedding is a week ago get more weight off !!! Haha so thanks Hun ..

Must do jacket potatoes .. What's your receptive as such ?? And points?? Sorry :) never actually made a baked potato before!!
You must have shares now in the Philadelphia company haha !!

I know I have actually run out of phili now and am devastated!! last week it was the mini roule and this week it is phili lol. I have a wedding next Sat so the day after you and that is what finally made me get my backside into gear. I actually had a dream that it was my wedding and I was walking down the aisle and felt all fat and everyone was making comments about my weight. For some reason that spurred me to finally do something for good. I tried ww a couple of times straight after Christmas but just couldn't stick to the pp and even trying sw again didn't work despite me being able to stick at it in the past. I think somehow it is easier when the weather warms up as well :)

Like you said, at our sort of weight a few pounds does start to show and while I do not look drastically different, I have noticed that when putting on clothes I am not feeling that I look so fat. Obviously I am not fat but am chubby around the middle because I store my fat on my tummy and sides so if I am heavier, it really does make me look fat where as I know people at my weight who are more pear shaped and wear a skirt which cleverly disguises their bigger legs and they have tidy waists and flat tummies which they show off making them look lush compared to me!

I haven't touched alcohol now for 4 weeks which is very unusual for me. This has definitely helped with my loss. I have noticed that at the end of Friday, instead of my head automatically thinking about going to Tesco for something nice for tea, a dessert and some wine and/or spirits, instead I come straight home and am happy with anything for tea really and not bothered about a drink. It is amazing how quickly you can retrain your body and mind to feel differently. :-D x

I am not great on fillings for spuds but in the past on diets I have had fillings of tuna and vlf mayo, prawns and vlf mayo or dressing, cheese, beans, homemade coleslaw (which can actually be point free-cabbage, carrot and onion mixed with vlf mayo...if you have less than 1 tbs of the mayo it is 0pp!), chilli, curry. x

I know I have actually run out of phili now and am devastated!! last week it was the mini roule and this week it is phili lol. I have a wedding next Sat so the day after you and that is what finally made me get my backside into gear. I actually had a dream that it was my wedding and I was walking down the aisle and felt all fat and everyone was making comments about my weight. For some reason that spurred me to finally do something for good. I tried ww a couple of times straight after Christmas but just couldn't stick to the pp and even trying sw again didn't work despite me being able to stick at it in the past. I think somehow it is easier when the weather warms up as well :)

Like you said, at our sort of weight a few pounds does start to show and while I do not look drastically different, I have noticed that when putting on clothes I am not feeling that I look so fat. Obviously I am not fat but am chubby around the middle because I store my fat on my tummy and sides so if I am heavier, it really does make me look fat where as I know people at my weight who are more pear shaped and wear a skirt which cleverly disguises their bigger legs and they have tidy waists and flat tummies which they show off making them look lush compared to me!

I haven't touched alcohol now for 4 weeks which is very unusual for me. This has definitely helped with my loss. I have noticed that at the end of Friday, instead of my head automatically thinking about going to Tesco for something nice for tea, a dessert and some wine and/or spirits, instead I come straight home and am happy with anything for tea really and not bothered about a drink. It is amazing how quickly you can retrain your body and mind to feel differently. :-D x
Thanks for thetips on filling jacket pots. I love tuna mayo and prawns mayo ideas. Sould totally try that. :)
pAww sorry to hear you are out of philly, buy some new?? ;)

Very proud of you for not drinking for4 wks, you do get into a mindset dont you? I def think it helped your weightloss, alcohol can be a killer for diets.
x

Awe well fair play to ya !! Ya Friday triggers a goodie day doesn't it haha !! Not anymore ... One would say 10lb isn't a lot to lose .. Well it's the hardest feckin thing to lose when your so close !!
But last week alone I could feel my clothes different with that feckin 7lb so ya it defo makes a diff ... Just pushed out my tummy over my jeans :( seems a bit better today. Also picked up a dress from dress maker that I left in to get takin in two sizes so I though cop on Aishling or the dress won't feckin fit ya now on Friday haha ! So I'm glad I pulled in my horns last Monday !! Still have to try it on mind !! I've a diary up if there's anything there that might help you too xx my exercise is limited now because of my back but funny going back if I done anything more strenuous than walking my weight would stay the same !! Used to drive me daft :)
Awful dream ya poor thing .. There's nothing worse than that feeling !! But on the other hand we can look forward to putting anything on from the wardrobe and feeling good x

Thanks for thetips on filling jacket pots. I love tuna mayo and prawns mayo ideas. Sould totally try that. :)

Very proud of you for not drinking for4 wks, you do get into a mindset dont you? I def think it helped your weightloss, alcohol can be a killer for diets.
x

You think alcohol is fine because its liquid .. It may not slow down the weight that week of weigh in but it defo shows the following week ... Not to mention getting the munchies after a few drinkies :)

Yes I think a trip to the shops is in order.....

x

thanks and I agree, it does make you feel more hungry and let your guard down, not to mention the empty calories and the water retention weight that you temporarily put on!

You think alcohol is fine because its liquid .. It may not slow down the weight that week of weigh in but it defo shows the following week ... Not to mention getting the munchies after a few drinkies :)

I agree, it really does slow weight loss. I am going to be such a lightweight at this wedding :)

Haha cheaper night out !! Xx mix with spritzer as I think was mentioned before ... Even the odd glass a water .. Less of a hangover !! I'm a good one giving that advise !! One who has never drank water in a pub haha!! I'd want to take my own advise x

Alcohol always make me want Dominos Pizza! X

I love Dominoes. Where we live in Cornwall means we are outside the deliver area which is a good thing I guess!! Their cookies as well yum...

Saturday

Cheese, onion and tomato omelette (10pp)
2 WW fruit layered fromage frais (2pp)
Cherries
Crackerbread and choc phili (3pp)
Beef, mash, veggies. (10pp)
mini choc lolly (3pp)

26pp
48/49pp

Weigh in tomorrow!

Last edited:
I love Dominoes. Where we live in Cornwall means we are outside the deliver area which is a good thing I guess!! Their cookies as well yum...

If I have takeaway pizza it has to be dominos, none of the others even come close! X

I agree it is the best pizza place. I am not a big fan of most takeaways which is good, the only ones I do like are an Indian but luckily the only one in my town is rubbish. I also like a chicken doner but my kebab shop don't do these, only shish in a pitta which just isn't the same. I have never been able to enjoy chinese, I don't mind if I make something chinese at home but I find from the takeaway it is either bland, the meat bad quality or just flavours I don't enjoy!!

New week tomorrow and weigh in!! I need to try not to have any weeklies and just stick to 26pp because I have the wedding next Saturday so need to save my weeklies for then. It really is going to be so difficult for me to stick to 26pp so lots of fruit and veg are going to be needed.

I need to buy some chocolate philli ;) I lost 1.5lbs at weigh in yesterday which I was fairly happy with... good luck at your weigh in.

Where in cornwall are you? I'm only next door in Devon! X

I agree it is the best pizza place. I am not a big fan of most takeaways which is good, the only ones I do like are an Indian but luckily the only one in my town is rubbish. I also like a chicken doner but my kebab shop don't do these, only shish in a pitta which just isn't the same. I have never been able to enjoy chinese, I don't mind if I make something chinese at home but I find from the takeaway it is either bland, the meat bad quality or just flavours I don't enjoy!!

New week tomorrow and weigh in!! I need to try not to have any weeklies and just stick to 26pp because I have the wedding next Saturday so need to save my weeklies for then. It really is going to be so difficult for me to stick to 26pp so lots of fruit and veg are going to be needed.

How will you split your 26pp over the day? I have found 26pp plenty on a daily basis, even with eating out. I use 6pp for Breakfast, 5pp for Lunch, 12pp for Dinner, 1pp for Skimmed Milk for Hot Drinks and 2pp for an Evening Snack. Not been hungry once thankfully. X

Good luck with the weigh tomorrow hun :) keep the head up anyway ... Weighing myself Monday morning , then I've the wedding Friday.. After party Sat !!! Oh dear !! But so so so looking forward to a couple of days away xx good luck again ...

I need to buy some chocolate philli ;) I lost 1.5lbs at weigh in yesterday which I was fairly happy with... good luck at your weigh in.

Where in cornwall are you? I'm only next door in Devon! X

I am near St Mellion which is half way between Saltash and Callington.

How will you split your 26pp over the day? I have found 26pp plenty on a daily basis, even with eating out. I use 6pp for Breakfast, 5pp for Lunch, 12pp for Dinner, 1pp for Skimmed Milk for Hot Drinks and 2pp for an Evening Snack. Not been hungry once thankfully. X

I normally have about try and have 10pp to cover breakfast and lunch, then allow 12-15 for my evening meal and have enough left for a snack in the evening. I think what brings up my points are my constant meetings in Costa (perhaps I will have to stick with a cup of tea!) plus I do get the urge to binge in the evening which is when my weeklies are used. I know I am not taking advantage of my fruit and veg and I found from my tea tonight that by having loads of veggies I am super full now and they were no pp!

Good luck with the weigh tomorrow hun :) keep the head up anyway ... Weighing myself Monday morning , then I've the wedding Friday.. After party Sat !!! Oh dear !! But so so so looking forward to a couple of days away xx good luck again ...

Thank you, I am hoping for a good loss tomorrow of at least 2lb but if it doesn't go that way then any loss is still a bonus. How are you going to manage food for the wedding? I am moving my wi for next week to Saturday so a day early because I want to see how far I got to meeting my 5 week 1 stone challenge before the wedding and also I know on Sunday I will weigh heavier from the alcohol and have all my weeklies in one day so don't want to demotivate myself.

On the subject of weddings, what are peoples thoughts on wearing black and/or white to weddings? When I got married there were ladies who wore all black dresses, one who wore a white dress and a couple of others who had half white on with another colour. I never noticed or considered it on the day but recently someone was telling me about these colours being a no no when I was talking about what I would wear to the wedding. I looked back at my wedding photos to see the amount of guests wearing these colours but it had not bothered me at all as the bride and even now that someone has told me about this so called etiquette, I still couldn't care less about them wearing these colours.

I have a gorgeous skirt, it is perfect for a wedding and is an off white with a coloured beading pattern on the front. I have a lovely black top which matches lovely with it and I thought about wearing a nice necklace to brighten it up. I asked the bride and she said she had no issue with it and that she did not know anything about these colours being off bounds and she was pleased it wasn't an issue because she told me she had worn all black to my wedding!!

I still worry if others will think anything though. It's such a nice outfit and I could do without buying a new one...what do you think? xx

Hi Hun ... Listening to you ... I would wear that outfit . Love wearing something I'm comfy in. I have heard a little something alright but only if a guest wears an all white dress let it be short or what ever, but have heard all white dress on a guest is a no no xx wouldn't bother me personally xx but your outfit sounds fab. Plus I have seen black at weddings ... If you accessorise it properly it can be very flattering xx

As for my weigh ... Il weigh Monday to see have I rectified the damage I done while off sick, then il weigh Friday morning to see am i lighter than my last weigh in at meeting six weeks ago ... I will enjoy my day and have my daily and weeklies xx I won't weigh again until the Monday week after that !! Hope I make sense xx tend to waffle on

On the subject of weddings, what are peoples thoughts on wearing black and/or white to weddings? When I got married there were ladies who wore all black dresses, one who wore a white dress and a couple of others who had half white on with another colour. I never noticed or considered it on the day but recently someone was telling me about these colours being a no no when I was talking about what I would wear to the wedding. I looked back at my wedding photos to see the amount of guests wearing these colours but it had not bothered me at all as the bride and even now that someone has told me about this so called etiquette, I still couldn't care less about them wearing these colours.

I have a gorgeous skirt, it is perfect for a wedding and is an off white with a coloured beading pattern on the front. I have a lovely black top which matches lovely with it and I thought about wearing a nice necklace to brighten it up. I asked the bride and she said she had no issue with it and that she did not know anything about these colours being off bounds and she was pleased it wasn't an issue because she told me she had worn all black to my wedding!!

I still worry if others will think anything though. It's such a nice outfit and I could do without buying a new one...what do you think? xx

Personally if it was me I would save myself the pennies and wear what I already have, the outfit sounds beautiful with the beaded front especially. I think a bright statement necklace would really jazz it up too, I love basic colour blocking with a hint of bright, it's very modern yet still classy. X PS-People seem to have issues with black/white at weddings but they will wear the shortest skirts and lowest tops, personally I think that's far more distasteful and tacky but that's just my old fashioned opinion I guess! X

Hi Hun ... Listening to you ... I would wear that outfit . Love wearing something I'm comfy in. I have heard a little something alright but only if a guest wears an all white dress let it be short or what ever, but have heard all white dress on a guest is a no no xx wouldn't bother me personally xx but your outfit sounds fab. Plus I have seen black at weddings ... If you accessorise it properly it can be very flattering xx

As for my weigh ... Il weigh Monday to see have I rectified the damage I done while off sick, then il weigh Friday morning to see am i lighter than my last weigh in at meeting six weeks ago ... I will enjoy my day and have my daily and weeklies xx I won't weigh again until the Monday week after that !! Hope I make sense xx tend to waffle on

Thanks for the advice, I think I will go with the outfit as planned, I have asked a couple of other female guests as well and a couple say they are wearing white suit jackets with coloured dresses or skirts and tops so it does seem that the general rule is not to be all in white. That sounds like a plan with your wedding food! Hope you enjoy the day, do you know what sort of food is on the menu :) x

Personally if it was me I would save myself the pennies and wear what I already have, the outfit sounds beautiful with the beaded front especially. I think a bright statement necklace would really jazz it up too, I love basic colour blocking with a hint of bright, it's very modern yet still classy. X PS-People seem to have issues with black/white at weddings but they will wear the shortest skirts and lowest tops, personally I think that's far more distasteful and tacky but that's just my old fashioned opinion I guess! X

Thanks for the advice Serena, I was thinking I would get a nice coloured necklace, I know they are having coloured button holes as well which will be great to also add some more colour. I know what you mean about people wearing skimpy clothes, it is not really appropriate for a wedding. I have been looking through my own and friends wedding albums on Facebook and the amount of wedding guests who have all white dresses, really casual type maxi dresses, casual looking linen trousers, all black dresses is staggering so it does seem that old wedding etiquettes are just not followed any more. x

Back