My 80 lb Journey

232kat

As from my title, my goal is to lose a whopping 80 lbs! Since I got married 11 years ago I have steadily gained weight from 11 stone and have been around 15-16 stones for the past 8 years. I have tried all the diets with short term success, and using a VLCD in 2011 I got down to 12.10 stones by the summer only to go back up to 16 stones by Christmas. The same last year I got down to 13.7 stones by October and shockingly I was back up to 16.7 by Christmas. I began to follow the same pattern again this year and on Boxing Day I started a VLCD again and lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks only to gain 10 since Friday because when I fall off I am glutinous.

My husband says that if I'm not dieting I am eating like I'm starving, he can't believe how much I can eat without feeling full, and that is not something to be proud of. Last March I signed up for Slimming World, but I didn't last a month, as my head wasn't in the right place. I took the literal attitude to unlimited fruit and vegetables and ate pounds of fruit a day. Not only was it expensive it produced too much sugar in me and stopped me from losing any weight, along with the 4-5 Mullerlights every day.

Today I intend to join again and sign up for 12 weeks. Your probably thinking what will be different this time, well my attitude has changed. The adult part of me knows that unlimited groups of food does not mean continuous eating. I am going to have a max of three portions of fruit and 2 Mullerlights a day; I think I need to set those restrictions for my own good. A large bag of cherries followed by a large bag of grapes and 2 bananas, an apple and pear is not really in the spirit of the diet. Also my husband is going to do this with me as he could really do with losing a couple of stone. He is 50 today and we are both going to see family in Las Vegas in September and I want his daughter to see a much more happier and healthier Dad, who has lots of energy for his Granddaughter. I think a bit of healthy competition between us will be good.

Why Slimming World, because it seems like a sustainable lifetime plan that will be easy to keep up on holidays. I am always going on short camping trips and I am starting off this year with a week in a cottage in the Lake District. I usually see these times as off plan, and gain lbs whist away. With SW I think I can just continue on the plan and make good choices when eating out, as you can have a lot of foods from most menus. If I don't feel deprived I shouldn't feel the need to eat bars of chocolate, packets of crisps and biscuits, and I intend to report in this diary wherever I am. So I'm hoping the friends I meet on here will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I bit of extra information about me before I bore you all to death going on, is that I love exercise. I cycle to work (7 mile round trip 4 days a week), I do 3 x intensive walking for 30 minute sessions in the gym and I swim for 30 minutes 3 x a week. When I go away its usually to climb a mountain or trek for miles. With all this exercise I should be slimmer, so this should give you some idea of how much I eat to maintain a weight of 16 stone. I eat a lot and its got to stop! Therefore, today I will be starting my 80 lb journey to a healthier me with small goals along the way, the first being to join my local SW club.

Thank you for ready, Kat x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Morning! Had to say hello as I could well have written that post myself! The fruit? Yup! Loving exercise but not losing? Yup! Yoyo diets? Hell yeah!

Good luck with it. Sounds like your head is def in the right place this time and that's def the key. I'm restarting today with an extra focus - I'm sure we can do this! X

I have joined the class today and signed up for 12 weeks in advance. I haven't started today as was husbands 50th, but will b starting tomorrow on a green day. I'm more than sure we can do this.

Tuesday 29/1

EE Day Menu

B: 35g porridge oats (HEb)

S: Total 0% yogurt and fresh berries, banana, grapes, spicy tomato mugshot

L: ham, buttery smash (0.5 syns), salad and mayo light (2 syns)

D: rump steak, egg, baby new potatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions,

S: special k crisps (4.5 syns), Muller Greek Lemon yogurt (0.5 syns)

350 ml skimmed milk (HEa), 2 litres water, coke zero, Options hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Total syns = 9

I had started out wanting today to be a GREEN day, but it ended up as an EE day.

Wednesday 30/1

Green Day Menu

B: Mullerlight and mixed fresh berries

S: apple, cherries and banana

L: cheesy mug shot (2.5 syns), 2 slices wholemeal bread 400g (HEb), 30g cheddar cheese (HEb), 2 tsp flora light (2 syns), salad and boiled potatoes, Mullerlight

D: cheesy pasta (2 eggs, peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and garlic with pasta and 60g lowlow soft cheese (HEa)

S: 2 muller Greek lemon yogurts (1 syns), banana

350 ml skimmed milk (HEa), 2 litres water, coke zero
Options hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Total syns = 7

30 mins on treadmill

I split the evening pasta meal in two and have had half now. I will either have the other half later if I'm hungry or take to work tomorrow for lunch as I did make a very large portion.

Thursday 31/1

Green Day Menu

B: Mullerlight, mixed fresh berries and banana

S: apple, melon

L: cheesy mug shot (2.5 syns), salad and boiled potatoes, 3 wholegrain ryvita (HEb), 60g lowlow cheese (HEb), Mullerlight

D: 2 egg omelette, with mushrooms and 45g mozzarella cheese (HEa), buttery smash (0.5 syns) and large salad.

S: muller Greek lemon yogurt (0.5 syns)

350 ml skimmed milk (HEa), 2 litres water/half flavoured, coke zero
Options Caribbean hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Total syns = 4.5

30 mins on treadmill

I will update later if I deviate from the plan.

Update on today's food, I have added extra syns for the cheese as my scales have broke so I thought I had better over estimate.

Thursday 31/1

Green Day Menu

B: Mullerlight, mixed fresh berries and banana

S: apple, melon, chewing gum (1 syn)

L: cheesy mug shot (2.5 syns), tomatoes, 3 wholegrain ryvita (HEb), 60g lowlow cheese (HEb), Mullerlight

D: 2 egg omelette, with mushrooms and 70g mozzarella cheese (HEa)+(3 syns) buttery smash (0.5 syns) and large salad.

S: 2 x muller Greek lemon yogurts (1 syn)

2 x Options Caribbean hot chocolate (3 syns)

Total syns = 11

30 mins on treadmill

Whoops! I ended up swapping one of the options hot chocolates for 3 Mullerlight Greek Lemon yogurts. That's bad. I had 7 yogurts yesterday 2 free ones and 5 of the lemon. I suppose its better than pigging out on chocolate, as its heading towards * week and I usually get the munches in advance.

I'm not going to preplan today's menu as the end of the day bares no resemblance to my thoughts at the beginning. I am beginning to get some great meal ideas from people's posts and I would just like to say thank you.

Today's menu

Friday 1/2

Green Day Menu

B: Mullerlight and mixed fresh berries
S: apple, melon, pineapple and mango mix
L: cheesy mug shot (2.5 syns), 3 wholegrain ryvita (HEb), 60g lowlow cheese (HEb), fine green beans and Mullerlight
D: potato wedges, 60g lowlow cheese and baked beans, ketchup (1 syn)
S: mullerlight Greek lemon yogurt (0.5 syns), Special K crisps (4.5syns)

Options Caribbean hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Total syns = 10

30 mins on treadmill

Today's menu

Saturday 2/2

Red Day Menu

B: 3 wholegrain ryvita (HEb), 60g lowlow cheese (HEa), ham and boiled egg

S: total 0% yogurt and mixed fresh berries, banana, meringue (3 syns)

L: chicken, salad and colesaw (1 syn)

D: melon, steak, salad and coleslaw (1 syn), 230 jacket potato (HEb), lowlow cheese (HEa), Greek yogurt and mixed berries

S: carrots, green beans

200 ml skimmed milk (4 syns), 2 litres water/half flavoured, coke zero

Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total syns = 11

30 mins on treadmill

I am not posting my menu in advance any more, as I said before the what end up eating bares no resemblance to what I plan to eat. For me today is an EE Day - I was up very early and had a piece of Honeydew melon to stave off hunger. Now I have just had an enormous breakfast - see attached. Yum yum!

Attachments

• image-3047229008.jpg
    image-3047229008.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 68
It's * week for me and I have the munches, I have since eaten my (HE a+b) 4 dark rye ryvitas and 60g lowlow soft cheese. I can't stop thinking about food, I will just have to eat free foods, like muller yogurts and fruit.

Back